LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 20, 2018, 10:48 am 

Location: That point where the humidity and the temperature combine forces to destroy all that is good
Anybody familiar with Charleston realizes that a mere minute's worth of rain will flood two-thirds of the surface streets. Another ten minutes, and you can kayak from Summerville to the Battery and right over the wall into the bay. So, that's why it took three hours to drive the five miles from my driveway to the yard today..... But here's my rant for the morning: A Police Officer had pulled someone over on the interstate, within a couple of hundred yards of a clear off-ramp. Hundreds, literally, of drivers had to merge into the middle lane to get around the situation. Look; I'm not a cop. But it seems to me that discretion in the light of the present FUBAR road conditions would necessitate letting the driver continue on to the exit ramp and out of the danger zone. BTW: more rain is expected. And the tide is coming IN, I believe....

PostPosted: July 23, 2018, 3:13 pm 

Location: That point where the humidity and the temperature combine forces to destroy all that is good
Slime, mud, and slimey mud. Can't cut the lawn; alligators will eat me. Can't tell what kind of fish they are, but something is swimming upstream. Cats are getting webbed feet, all the better for catching tree frogs. Otters knocked on the door dressed as Jehovah's Witnesses, but I told them to scram, the raccoons had already tried that. I swear I saw Charlie Sheen, Tom Berenger, Willem Dafoe and Dale Dye reconning the woods back of the house.

PostPosted: July 26, 2018, 4:27 pm 

How do you trigger a massive thunderstorm? Pick up two brand-new sheets of 18ga and have to leave them in the back of your pickup

PostPosted: July 27, 2018, 8:40 am 

Monsoon season here in Summerville for sure. I came home to see a new high water line on the door of my garage. :shock:

Enough rain that the trash cans floated down the back alley. Neighbor was nice enough to return them.

OOPS I did it again
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17496

Blood Sweat and Beers
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15216