LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 28, 2024, 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80
PostPosted: December 26, 2021, 10:17 am 

mjalaly wrote:
So I have the car completely torn apart so I could work on the last few things and get the chassis powder coated. I've been working on redoing the wiring which has gone pretty well and I sent the engine out in March to have 4 piston racing evaluate the condition with the Rings however they sent me back a picture of this as well :BH:
Attachment:
645738941.jpg

That engine had ~300miles on it and $2500 to fix. At some point this nonsense will stop and I'm making it now. Since we acquired Peterson I am working with them on a dry sump system. The biggest hang-up for the dry sump system is where to put the tank. I basically have no room in the car and the atoms like mine that have a dry sump usually take the passenger seat out which I don't want to do. Apart from losing the passenger seat I don't want hot oil in the driver area. We're going to try to figure out a custom tank if at all possible. While that is getting done I'm going to finish up the wiring somebody work and to welding hopefully have it completed this year.

Spun bearings at 300 miles. Not bad

PostPosted: April 9, 2022, 5:54 pm 

It's been a while but I am still chugging along. I have a question that some of you can help with. Where do you guggest that I plumb my dry sump into on the block? A single feed into the oil filter port (behind the blue rag in the photo)? Better place?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You can build the most awesome thing in the world but at some point, an 80yr old man in a crx is probably going kick your butt on the track... don't ask me how I know.

PostPosted: April 10, 2022, 3:58 pm 

I'd go with a single feed at the filter port, less plumbing and the oil path should be fine.

As far as the plumbing, I'm seeing a disc with a seal groove on the face to keep gunk out of the filter port, hole in the center with another o-ring groove to seal against the OD of a custom AN fitting that threads into the existing oil filter tube threads in the block with a crush washer seal.

If you go with a spin-on remote adapter, and only use the block feed port, be sure it seals well and doesn't allow for bleed-back through to the unfiltered side.
Most of them are expecting that the regular oil pump is still used, and any leaks will be past the central spin-on threads and into the engine, so there's no seal except the outer can o-ring.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80