LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 2, 2017, 4:31 am 

Anyone have a La Bala build going in the Bay Area? Have picked up a "started" project and want to see one closer than mine - I'm in Walnut Creek - I'd go MR2 rear suspension as opposed to the Dedion.

PostPosted: February 2, 2017, 3:06 pm 

Unfortunately, the better question might be "does anyone have a La Bala build anywhere". I've seen very few builds over the years, and the grabercars website (and associated forum) appears to been taken down.

PostPosted: February 2, 2017, 3:39 pm 

If anywhere, I believe the bay area it would probably be the best place to look also where I live. Saw his prototype car for sale on craigslist and I think he only wanted like 35 or 4500 for a pretty good deal I thought but I wasn't ready to pull the trigger then. I'm looking to stick it under a classic mini probably station wagon (@4" longer), seems to be a bunch of those kind of things going on in the Bay Area. I know of 2 Mini midengine projects out there locally but they are nowhere near as far along as a build I have.

If anyone in the Bay Area wants to entertain trading my mid engine project for your stalled "traditional" Locost Seven project would love to hear from you. 442 would be given preference over book. I have an MR2 donor & maybe a Mini wagon for the right trade. I have enough Mini's, my buddy has an 80's TVR stashed at my house & he would get rid of it to make way for a Seven which he would eventually own n cherish. PM me & we'll trade pics, prob going to get mine laid out in the driveway during the next dry weekend. Thanks to Eurokraft n just testing the waters Tony!

PostPosted: February 9, 2017, 1:36 pm 

Free to good home, this LaBala start of a frame, MR2 donor in San Jose needs to be picked up ASAP, I have a trailer off needed. Needs to be out of everyone's hair.