LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 15, 2010, 5:37 am 

hey folks, i picked up 2 semi decent copies of the drawings for a gt40 chassis. jpegs but all the major dimensions seem to be there so. .....
pm me if you want a copy
oh yeah, for educational purposs only :7:

PostPosted: May 20, 2010, 8:46 pm 

Hey thanks for the plans. The measurements look a little fuzzy but all in all i think i could use these in the future ( places hard plastic covers on pages to protect plans from decades of storage)

PostPosted: May 20, 2010, 11:23 pm 

You know you can attach jpegs. :wink:

PostPosted: May 21, 2010, 1:38 pm 

ya i know... its a lot of little files, i'm lazy, and it seems that the forum is set up so each of the 39 files requires being loaded one at a time :roll: . i put the full set on google docs and you don't have to worry about storage space i figger.

PostPosted: May 22, 2010, 12:36 pm 

Lamborghini Countach plans ....

http://www.ebooks-free-download.com/dow ... ans-1.html

May I suggest to Mods to make a sticky and rename this to Car Plans Available List and hopefully some can contribute?

I know a few around the place.

PostPosted: May 22, 2010, 12:58 pm 

404 error....................

cheapracer wrote:

May I suggest to Mods to make a sticky and rename this to Car Plans Available List and hopefully some can contribute?

PostPosted: May 22, 2010, 8:32 pm 

horizenjob wrote:

What foolishness... Do you really want this site to be about politics or building cars? Please consider a different signature....

Then boot me. I use that on all boards i'm in including the board we use in the GUARD. Its a sig not a topic in the forum. I'm not asking you to comment on it. I'm proud of my beliefs and do think there is still a right to free speech or are you proving my sig correct in being a thought police????

PostPosted: May 22, 2010, 9:11 pm 

oldejack wrote:
404 error....................

cheapracer wrote:

that site was a search site... I believe this is the PDF perhaps? http://kit-car.org/Files/lambo/Countach ... untach.PDF

More info on that build: http://kit-car.org/Files/lambo/Countach/

PostPosted: May 22, 2010, 9:47 pm 

ted andkilde wrote:
One thing I imagine we can all more or less agree on is that we'd love to see GT40 pictures :)

Cheers, Ted

+1 on that matter.. Could you post at least one or two to be able to determine if it's persue-able for the individual?

I'm curious about them, but I wouldn't want to waste your time and mine sending them if it's beyond any number of variables. If they are complete enough, it might be something I'd turn into a CAD file. I did that in prep of starting my build with McSoreley's plans so I could get a better grasp on what I was walking into!!

Thanks,

KS

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: May 22, 2010, 9:57 pm 

botbasher wrote:
ted andkilde wrote:
One thing I imagine we can all more or less agree on is that we'd love to see GT40 pictures :)

Cheers, Ted

+1 on that matter.. Could you post at least one or two to be able to determine if it's persue-able for the individual?

I'm curious about them, but I wouldn't want to waste your time and mine sending them if it's beyond any number of variables. If they are complete enough, it might be something I'd turn into a CAD file. I did that in prep of starting my build with McSoreley's plans so I could get a better grasp on what I was walking into!!

Thanks,

KS

heres a few of the pics he sent to me. The measurements are a little fuzzy but gives a good starting point

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 23, 2010, 8:26 am 

Yhea those plan have been available for at least a decade on the web... I had them at one time... might still have them...if I do I'll post them, yhea I spend my energy on car stuff...

Cheers,

Fred

PostPosted: May 23, 2010, 8:57 am 

Now about the GT40...

Those things are cool... but not cheap to build... The body alone is a major undertaking to make and buying one will set you back about 5K$ yup Locost have been build on less. Yup that CNC book might be interesting... the transaxle is another fun issue, and everything just snowballs from there.

Theres a great GT40 forum at http://www.gt40s.com but the mentality of the GT40 crowd is not what you are used to here...

just my 0.02 cents.

Cheers,

Fred

PostPosted: May 23, 2010, 9:23 am 

Quote:
Jawfish Those things are cool... but not cheap to build... The body alone is a major undertaking to make and buying one will set you back about 5K$ yup Locost have been build on less. Yup that CNC book might be interesting... the transaxle is another fun issue, and everything just snowballs from there.

I have to say, I liked looking at the plans out of curiosity (maybe some ideas for "next" build) but in the end I don't need any more snowballs as I am looking out at another inch on the deck this morning.
That's why I am building a Locost 7. For years I've wanted to build a GT40 but could not see myself committing the time to build inexpensive or the money to build quickly.

PostPosted: May 23, 2010, 9:27 am 

Theres a lot of stuff here that may be narrowed down to some worthwhile grabs if you got a little time to spare ....

http://openpdf.com/ebook/car-ansys-pdf.html

PostPosted: May 23, 2010, 4:01 pm 

I am definitely in no position to even be considering another build, but since outside the box thinking in what brought most of us here, why do we sometimes still confine ourselves to traditional ideals??

No one says it needs to have a Ford or Chevy powerplant and I'd definitely be staying away from the Porsche transaxles!! I would not consider this as a build for a traditional GT40, but as a platform for a few of those donors that just don't work in a Locost form.

How about the venerable Subaru EJ Boxer engines that quite a few folks would like to fit in a Locost but can't? The wick can be turned up to over 400hp and if that limitation is considered prior to beginning, then it shouldn't limit the "fun" factor of the car. This would be a descent platform for it.

How about the VW W8?? 4.2l V8 and over 500hp in Audi clothing. It would make a nice lump for a pseudo GT40.

And as for the body... I think Pook, Airframefixer and some others have proven that you don't need it to be exactly like the original to be an amazing looking vehicle.

I think with the right planning and donor, as GT40 look alike could be had for not much more than a Locost!

KS

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein