LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 3, 2024, 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: May 4, 2011, 1:12 am 

Friday the 13th was to be our Airports Manager's last day, according to his two weeks' notice. Today at the weekly County Legal meeting, the BCC voted unanimously to put him on administrative leave and get his office keys back now rather than wait. Good damage control IMHO. Also we made some progress on getting my rent and terms to an acceptable level, so it's possible I'll be staying. We'll see.

PostPosted: May 4, 2011, 9:04 am 

You're right Jack, it's too hot here. We've already had at least 5 or 6 days of +90 degrees and it will be that way until the end of September, I can't say as I blame you for wanting to stay in the moderate (but rainy) northwest.

PostPosted: May 4, 2011, 11:45 am 

Tim Taylor wrote:
You're right Jack, it's too hot here. We've already had at least 5 or 6 days of +90 degrees and it will be that way until the end of September, I can't say as I blame you for wanting to stay in the moderate (but rainy) northwest.

Hahaha, those are our NIGHTIME temps here in Phoenix.

Tom

My short term memory is absolutely horrible and so is my short term memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG16m2e4O6I

PostPosted: May 4, 2011, 12:03 pm 

Ok, I'll say it, "Yeah, but it's a dry heat".

You desert people sheesh :D

PostPosted: May 4, 2011, 5:23 pm 

Tim Taylor wrote:
Ok, I'll say it, "Yeah, but it's a dry heat".

You desert people sheesh :D

Or as we desert people like to say, "Yeah, but it's a dry blast furnace".

Tom

My short term memory is absolutely horrible and so is my short term memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG16m2e4O6I

PostPosted: May 11, 2011, 1:14 am 

Note revised title.

The Board of County Commissioners voted unanimously this morning (may 10, 2011) to lease Kinetic Aerospace the hangar next door to our current location. We have a privately owned location nearby for Kinetic Vehicles HQ...but of course the legal dept has to actually prepare the lease so I'm hedging my bets a bit. And we're going to take a bit of a hit in working capital, because the hangar has been neglected for 50 years and needs abut $4500 of roof work, which I'm paying for (to be credited against my rent, spread over 48 months). So we're relocating, but only about a hundred feet.

This will be a hectic summer (getting everything done). But the worst is over (getting permission to do it).

PostPosted: May 11, 2011, 2:44 am 

Congratulations on coming to a suitable agreement! :cheers:

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: May 11, 2011, 7:27 am 

Wonderfull news Jack. I'm sure resolving this in your favor takes a lot of stress out of your life. Sure the move will be stressfull, but nowhere near what it was.

Now we can get on to talking about cars. (and flying things) :cheers:

Chuck

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: May 11, 2011, 10:11 am 

That's good news to hear. Hopefully, I'll be ordering a few more parts from you pretty soon.

PostPosted: May 11, 2011, 10:54 am 

Wonderful news Jack!! Congrtulations!!

Chris

Build log http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12374
Completed build showcase http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16865

PostPosted: May 11, 2011, 9:59 pm 
We are Slotus!

Well done, Jack! Congratulations on getting everything straightened out.

Good luck with the move. Even 100 feet can be a lotta work.

:cheers:
JD Kemp

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 12, 2011, 9:09 am 
-the man.

You said there were roof repairs to be made on the new building. Will this move be a facility upgrade, (bigger/nicer?).

Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

PostPosted: May 12, 2011, 9:32 am 

Jack, I am glad your situation is resolved, you never billed me for the roll bar kit, so you can use that money towards the roof:)

The roll bar looks great.

Graham

PostPosted: May 20, 2011, 1:57 am 

JackMcCornack wrote:
The Board of County Commissioners voted unanimously this morning (may 10, 2011) to lease Kinetic Aerospace the hangar next door to our current location. <snip> This will be a hectic summer (getting everything done). But the worst is over (getting permission to do it).
The saga continues. Between the day the BCC voted to keep me on the field (May 10) and our Airports Manager's last day feeding from the County trough (May 13) he sent the FAA a letter that started off with "Good news for you, I have retired from Director of Josephine County Airports. What this means to you is the number of your complaints to the FAA should all but stop. I made this decision when I saw that the henchmen would not be happy until they destroyed the airports or me, without discretion." and went on to indicate there was funny business going on and I'm getting the building at below fair market rate--which of course would also be a violation of the FAA's Grant Assurances (they can't unjustly discriminate, but then again, they can't give sweetheart deals to the good ol' boys either). So the lease that (on May 10) we expected to sign May 17 is on hold while the FAA decides if <his> complaint is valid, which may well delay the process until it's too late to repair the roof this year (the work crew arrives June 9). About the only bright side is since this is an attack on the County by a soon-to-be-ex employee, and I'm hoping it'll wake up the commishes a bit to who they've had minding the store all these years. My gosh, the guy was still on the County payroll when he sent his complaint to the FAA, complete with a link to the BCC meeting's recorded minutes; maybe this will make the BCC more sympathetic to what the rest of us have had to put up with.

On the other hand, there are still two powerful people (County Legal Counsel and County Chief Financial Officer) who would like to see this deal fall through, and all they have to do to win is to stall. So we'll see what happens.

Henchmen, indeed! This is the 21st Century--we're henchpersons now.

PostPosted: May 20, 2011, 6:28 am 
We are Slotus!

Awww, Mannnn.... I thought your troubles were over. That sux, Jack... I hope things can get straightened out yet again.

Quincy is still waiting, with open arms.

Hang in there!
:cheers:
JD Kemp

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next