LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 23, 2015, 10:59 pm 

I'm leaving Sunday (July 26) for SoCal for a while. I can't pin it down any better than "a while" because I'm being Lawrence Nightingale for a friend who's getting her torso opened up in a week, and we won't know how long she'll need me around until they look inside.

I'm taking a bunch of boxes to the fiberglasser, and they'll ship body parts while I'm gone, but metal bits are probably going to have to wait for my return. So if you're likely to want brackets or control arms or the like, please send an email right away. I'll slave away through the weekend and try to get every order filled that comes in by Saturday.

PostPosted: July 24, 2015, 12:21 am 
The voice of reason

Best wishes, remember to take of yourself too and I hope things work out as well as possible for your friend.

PostPosted: July 24, 2015, 10:52 pm 

Thanks Marcus. This isn't her first rodeo and I think things will work out okay. Modern PET/CAT/MRI is amazing for early diagnosis, but early diagnosis is most useful when it's acted on immediately.

Also, things aren't going to be as bad supplier-wise as I'd feared; I'm packing up a batch of parts and hardware and sending it on ahead.

PostPosted: July 25, 2015, 11:38 am 

And here I was expecting development of the Lalo bodywork to be completed in August. What kind of one horse show is this Kinetic Vehicles company? :mrgreen:

Seriously though, it's wonderful that your friend has someone that both cares enough and has the ability to make something like this happen. Here's to hoping for the best possible outcome for your friend. :cheers:

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: July 25, 2015, 2:40 pm 

Driven5 wrote:
And here I was expecting development of the Lalo bodywork to be completed in August.
And dang it, so was I! I'd broken down and hired a professional body guy to finish off the fiberglass scuttle pattern (the first builders had to make their own scuttles, using fiberglass ribs we supplied...a longish story and maybe I'll write it up on the Lalo body topic next week) but there's one little error I'm going to have to fix myself and that won't happen until I get back. Sigh. Best laid plans of mice and men and all that.
Driven5 wrote:
What kind of one horse show is this Kinetic Vehicles company? :mrgreen:
We don't actually have our own horse. We have a horse sharing arrangement with three other local business, so we're more of a quarter horse show. But thanks for asking.

PostPosted: July 25, 2015, 3:11 pm 

Hoping Mr. Nightingale has a good trip, and good luck to your friend.

PostPosted: July 25, 2015, 7:26 pm 

Thanks Rod (photoman). BTW, I got your great big Lalo box to the fiberglasser on Thursday, he'll send the body kit to you direct while I'm out of town, though sans scuttle. We're including a rib set in case you can't stand waiting and decide to build your own scuttle in your copious free time.

PostPosted: July 26, 2015, 5:26 pm 

On the plane, brackets windshield kits control arm kits spacers etc will meet me there. Suppliers are ready to drop ship fiberglass and hardware. I think it's under control. Sent from phone with tiny keys.

PostPosted: August 12, 2015, 12:46 pm 

I'm back, she's doing great, and it's back to business as usual here at Kinetic corporate headquarters. So ignore previous posts.

PostPosted: August 13, 2015, 4:59 pm 

Good to here it, Jack. Glad all went well for you and your's!