LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 10, 2008, 5:01 pm 

Kinda surprised there is no thread on them yet.

I just got my nosecone, scuttle, and windshield a week or so ago. Quality is great. Jack is a pleasure to deal with. I look forward to his witty emails as well.

"the all-consuming time-sucking car, which I really enjoy working on" -KB

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10, 2008, 5:39 pm 
Mid-Engined Maniac

He gets a thumbs-up from me, too, as I got my nosecone and fenders from him. AND I should point out that I got two left-side parts and two right-side parts, not like a certain other vender...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10, 2008, 9:49 pm 

I got some windshield bits from him. Great experience. I wish I could have bought more from him.

Post subject: Re: Kinetic
PostPosted: June 11, 2008, 11:14 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

eVox wrote:
Kinda surprised there is no thread on them yet.

I just got my nosecone, scuttle, and windshield a week or so ago. Quality is great. Jack is a pleasure to deal with. I look forward to his witty emails as well.

Ditto. Can't go wrong with Jack.

I just ordered a Jaz gas tank from Kinetic in Oregon, even though I could save $10 getting it from Summit in Ohio, because of the great support he's given me as a client, and all his free advice to the list.

-dave "in Kentucky" hempy

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

Post subject: Re: Kinetic
PostPosted: June 12, 2008, 9:35 pm 

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Your checks are in the mail. :-)

dhempy wrote:
I just ordered a Jaz gas tank from Kinetic in Oregon, even though I could save $10 getting it from Summit in Ohio...

I appreciate the thought, but truth is, there are businesses which buy lots more of these things than I do, and thus buy them for less than I can, and seriously, if what you want is available for less money from another reliable supplier (and I think Summit has stood the test of time) that's where to buy it. You can save that $10 for when you need something off the wall instead of off the shelf (a nose, a 16mm ball joint bung), or something that we <do> buy gobs of (rod ends, suspension brackets) and can offer the best bang for the buck. I'm confident we'll get that ten bucks out of you eventually, on Locost parts that Summit doesn't stock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12, 2008, 10:55 pm 

Hey Jack, I hadn't noticed your parts page before. You have some great stuff. Maybe you could look into some tail lights and head lights if you havn't already. I liked the druz fastner page as I'm ready to mount mine, now in fact. thanks
wayne 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13, 2008, 12:10 am 

Ditto on Jack - he is great to work with!

I plan on doing as much as I can with him, and it all started when I called to get the "books" and he told me to buy them elsewhere and save my money. I have since spent a lot more than what those books were - smart guy!

Thanks Kinetic :D

Randy

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13, 2008, 12:53 pm 

Another satisfied Kinetic customer here. I attached pics of my car with all of my unpainted glass bits all sourced from Kinetic. I'll post pics with the windsheild when I get it on.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30, 2008, 11:01 pm 

"Shorty" windshield kit installed.
(more pics in my build log)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20, 2008, 8:40 pm 

Prez of Kinetic here, announcing that our shipping is going to go all to [bad place full of fire, brimstone, and the guys that made life miserable for you back in junior high school] for seven banking days, this Friday through next Monday. I'm going to the Lexington Locost Lounge this weekend, then driving with Dave Hempy to the Midwest Se7ens Gathering next weekend, then back home to stick a week's worth of labels on boxes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21, 2008, 9:27 am 

And that is why you're the best, Jack. Keeping us in the loop. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 12, 2008, 6:04 pm 

Back in the saddle again, great fun in Lex and KC, and best news is the "Haynes Roadster" nose and scuttle patterns are in the States. They arrived at the MK Indy US rep's place (Smart Sports Cars, see Meercat's intro at http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4084 ) a couple weeks ago, and as soon as they find a box for them they'll be coming this way and we'll be making them under license, right here in Oregon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 15, 2008, 10:19 pm 

Keep us posted on the Haynes updates, Jack as you have a hungry customer here. :D :D
Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 16, 2008, 9:51 am 

JackMcCornack wrote:
Back in the saddle again, great fun in Lex and KC, and best news is the "Haynes Roadster" nose and scuttle patterns are in the States. They arrived at the MK Indy US rep's place (Smart Sports Cars, see Meercat's intro at http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4084 ) a couple weeks ago, and as soon as they find a box for them they'll be coming this way and we'll be making them under license, right here in Oregon.

Oh, Oh! Here, here! one copy please ;)

Indeed keep us posted!

-S...

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 25, 2008, 1:08 pm 

My apologies to all who I've delayed by going off and playing with my own Locost. Escape from Berkeley was a wonderful experience and I learned a huge amount about the car (comfort-related knowledge mostly, but that sure counts after the first 2000 miles) but it did take the one man out of his one man shop--and now there's some TV crew that wants to see how we did it, and you can imagine how I left the shop abter that build...

Short form is, I'm two weeks behind on everything (and more on some things), and doing my best and I'll post here again when we're caught up (yeah, we -- I hired some temp help to get through this). All I can say is I'm sorry, and I do understand that having to wait for parts can be a pain. We should be back on track by the time we know who our next President is going to be.

We're shipping in order of order received. After the orders, next project is the Haynes Roadster nose and scuttle (we have the patterns in house now), fender molds, then a streamlined body, and finally, my 2007 income tax filing. Feel free to email in orders, but we're not able to do next-day shipping right now.

PS--the back-ordered Gibbs "Build Your Own Sports Car" books are in the US now and are shipping to us Monday the 27th, so those should be going out of here by the weekend.