LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: April 18, 2010, 3:28 pm 

Jack, we are all sorry for your loss and the understand what has been happening.

My build log viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10658&start=0 NOW NAMED =The Wycked 7

My other build log viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15162 The Skayt'R6

PostPosted: April 18, 2010, 3:45 pm 

Very sorry to here about Sharon and my thoughts are with you...Jim

PostPosted: May 6, 2010, 3:05 pm 

Jack, even though we haven't yet met, I have followed your adventures for quite some time.
I only have condolences for your recent loss and I hope that everything is getting back to normal.

All the Best.

Vincent

(in the future, if you are interested, I have a couple of ideas to help with the "breaking front fender stay" syndrome).

PostPosted: November 7, 2011, 11:32 pm 

Are you still around? I want same rear fenders as Midlana?

PostPosted: November 8, 2011, 1:04 am 

Yes he is, check out the parts page on his website...

http://www.kineticvehicles.com/

PostPosted: November 8, 2011, 10:37 pm 

Langan wrote:
Are you still around? I want same rear fenders as Midlana?
Yes, I am. I've been pretty busy of late and haven't been posting here as much as I used to (or would like to) and I rarely even get to look at LocostUSA unless I have a sandwich in one hand while banging the keyboard with the other (mealtime multitasking).

The Midlana prototype uses Kinetic's "Steamroller" fenders and flanges. If you want a set, e-mail me an order on the Kinetic web site (the address is in my sig) and you can give me your shipping address etc.

PostPosted: August 14, 2012, 10:40 am 

Jacks website has been down for the last couple of days. Does anyone have his e-mail? (I want to order a windshield kit) Thanks Jason

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower.
- Mark Donohue

PostPosted: August 14, 2012, 11:40 am 

7Degrees wrote:
Jacks website has been down for the last couple of days. Does anyone have his e-mail? (I want to order a windshield kit) Thanks Jason
Huh? It looks up to me. I've had 6000+ hits in the last two weeks and no other problems have been reported. I don't always answer emails as soon as I'd like...heck, I haven't even been on LocostUSA as much as I like lately; for the last couple months it's been mealtime multitasking (fork in left hand, keyboard in right) as I get A) orders out, and B) the Lalo body ready for production. If you want to order something your best shot is...well, your best shot is to go to the <Contact us> button on the kineticvehicles.com web site but that's not working for you, so try sales@kineticvehicles.com and I'll check out my spam box later today.

Oh yeah, if you clicked <Contact us> but didn't follow the instructions therein, you're in my spam box. Unfortunately, since I'm Mr. Popularity in the spam world (I'm gonna kill that woman who told everybody about my substandard girth and erectile disfunction issues, and no, I don't need any more indistinguishable replica Rolexes) I get about 200 spams a day.

I hope this helps, and I'm sorry you've had difficulties. If nothing else works, call Kinetic at 541-592-3375 and I'll walk you through it (and do leave a message if I don't answer--I rarely answer when I have fiberglassing in progress and today will be one of those days--but I will call you back).

PostPosted: August 14, 2012, 1:42 pm 

JackMcCornack wrote:
I've had 6000+ hits in the last two weeks and no other problems have been reported.
Sorry, about 5800 of those must've been me while I was waffling about scuttle designs. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 14, 2012, 10:26 pm 

Weird, your website works at home now, going to try it at work tomorrow, might be big brother LOL.

Confirmed the network I use at work has your site blocked, it works just fine at home :roll: :BH:

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower.
- Mark Donohue

PostPosted: August 15, 2012, 10:28 pm 

mattrogers, it's more likely because Mother Earth News printed a link to a "Make Your Own MAX" page...
http://kineticvehicles.com/MAX.html
...in about a million magazines for August.

Jason, your boss probably blocks my web site because there are too many pictures of pretty women on it. Or too many pictures of Locosts. Either one is distracting. Now get back to work. :D

PostPosted: May 5, 2016, 8:23 am 

Life will be even more hectic than usual for the next four weeks--we're moving out of the main shop and into facilities nearby, and as they say in business school, three moves equals one fire. Gotta be cleared out by May 31 so I'll likely be a bit distracted 'twixt now and June.

PostPosted: May 5, 2016, 9:16 am 

JackMcCornack wrote:
as they say in business school, three moves equals one fire.

My Dad said his Grandfather said that "five moves are as good as a fire". That was back in the days when moving was done with a wagon and team of horses. With all our technology, it looks like progress in this area has been pretty slow these past 120 years.

Bill

PostPosted: May 5, 2016, 9:32 am 

Bill, your Dad's Grandfather may have been right and I might be remembering it (what my instructor told us 45 years ago) wrong. Or maybe people didn't have as much junk to move 120 years ago. Or...
BBlue wrote:
With all our technology, it looks like progress in this area has been pretty slow these past 120 years.
...and I think this is actually fairly likely, it may not be that moving technology has slipped, but that firefighting technology has improved. In the 19th Century, firefighting was also done with a wagon and a team of horses, and a business fire quite likely turned all the company's physical assets into embers.

But hopefully your Great Grand's estimate was more accurate than mine, and I'll only be 3/5 as distracted as I fear. Anyway, it's 6:30AM in Oregon, time to pack boxes. 'Bye now.

PostPosted: June 15, 2016, 11:34 pm 

Whew. The move is over, kinda. Didn't make the end-of-May deadline getting out of the ex-Forest Service warehouse at the airport, but it's behind us now, two weeks into June. I say "kinda" because there's still a bunch of organizing to do in the new digs, much like the Locost projects that are 80% done with 80% to go. But we're creeping back to normal and only slightly shell-shocked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next