LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 27, 2024, 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4A-GE 20v parts
PostPosted: November 12, 2009, 9:14 am 

I know a lot of guys here run 4A-GE 20v engines in their locosts. I can understand why: It's a good engine.
I love these engines! There really isn't a lot of aftermarket for it, though. In order for me to get the parts I wanted from Supertech I ordered up an inventory. I'm liquidating said inventory at cost. If there's enough interest I'll keep going, but I'm betting Supertech is going to add these to inventory.
I'll have these parts in by the end of the month. I'll have pics up here and on my website when they come in!
Here's what I have:

Valve Guides: $100/set
Most 4A-GE 20v engines have worn valve guides and valves. These bronze valve guides are designed to fit both the Blacktop and Silvertop engines with stock seals. At this price these should be on anyone's rebuild list.

Valve Springs: $300/set
Blacktop engines require a special valve spring seat to obtain proper installed-height. Please specify when ordering. If you are currently running Supertech springs in a Blacktop, you NEED these special spring seats or you aren't getting proper seat pressure! I have them available for $50. If you order the Springs and specify that you have a Blacktop, I'll include the seats for free.

Valves: $275/set
I've put together a unique solution for those seeking more out of their 4A-GE 20v. The valve positioning of the 20v head provides some interesting problems for anyone wanting more flow. My solution is to run 1mm oversized center valves and stock sized outside valves. This also takes advantage of the camshaft profile offset of the center valve, providing an increase in velocity. This allows for a cleaner idle, and more mid-range torque.
These are Nitrite coated stainless-steel valves.

Contact me if you want to discuss putting together an order:

Orion Engineered Motorwerks
sales@orionengineeredmotorwerks.com
815/214-9661
www.orionengineeredmotorwerks.com
502 E 2400 N Danforth, IL 60930

Last edited by killer_siller on June 22, 2010, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 4A-GE 20v parts
PostPosted: November 13, 2009, 9:45 pm 

I need a distributor for a silvertop, with connector. I've used a bunch of these engines in off road cars, they're bulletproof.

PostPosted: November 13, 2009, 9:54 pm 

The only spare dizzy I have is a little rough in the bearings. It works, and I haven't had any trouble with it, It's just not as good as the dizzy I'm currently using.

PostPosted: November 24, 2009, 11:29 pm 

do you have the connector, and what do you want for it?

PostPosted: November 29, 2009, 12:35 am 

I have a pair of ST dizzys, one with cap and one without. Not sure about the connector but I believe at least one is present. Going EDIS so these are now surplus.

Both from JDM imports that have yet to be used in the USA so mileage is 60,000 or a tad less.

If interested, make a creditable offer.