LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 27, 2010, 1:56 pm 

Here's a photostream of our complete for now car. If you have ?'s let me know. Thanks to everyone for their help.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30221154@N07/

PostPosted: October 27, 2010, 6:25 pm 

Very nice kit and and excellent job with the build. I wish Deman was still producing kits. I think they're maybe the best looking & affordable seven kit overall. The Dax Rush, is also nice looking and has very nice rear fenders, but especially with shipping from the UK, it's not so affordable.

If you know anything about the story with Deman Motorsport I would sure like to hear about what has pulled/pushed him away from continuing to sell kits. Just to check, I just sent an email to info@deman-motorsport.com... Will it get kicked back as undelivered (I've waited 10 minutes before submitting this post & no "undelivered" notification yet)?

PostPosted: October 29, 2010, 1:49 am 

Nicely done. You should be proud! :cheers:

PostPosted: October 29, 2010, 3:31 pm 

SR7: Very nice build. I haven't seen the headlights you used before. Can you tell me the make/model/source? Thanks.

DeanD3W: A few years ago I visited the Dax Rush works and came very came very close to buying one of their kits (until I went to the Ultima works, but that's another topic.) I was impressed with the folks at Dax, but the Deman looks at least as nice. Please post if you learn what their status is.

Tom

My Car9 build: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14613
"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

Ultima Spyder, Northstar 4.0, Porsche G50/52

PostPosted: January 27, 2011, 8:37 pm 

HI guys sorry for the no post. As far as I know Dan is no longer building kit's. The light's I'm using are universal driving lights that I sourced from an accessorie shop. I haven't driven the car at night and don't really plan on doing it ver often but hopefully they'll provide some light. I would like to say our experience with Dan was a good one and he's a great guy just he took forever to get stuff together. Also he was not very responsive to our questions and inquiries.

I haven't talked to him lately to see if he's started back up again or not?

PostPosted: January 27, 2011, 10:56 pm 

I like how you used the motorcycle switches and mounted them on a crossbar above the steering column. Very tidy! :cheers:

PostPosted: January 29, 2011, 7:20 pm 

We wanted to keep everything as easy to wire as possible. It works quite well and was my dad's idea

PostPosted: February 26, 2011, 9:04 pm 

Like those switches as well.. great idea ! Finishing my SR20 redtop Deman, hope to have rolling this spring ... what parking brake handle is used, a Civic? I got a Miata handle but no go ....

PostPosted: February 26, 2011, 10:01 pm 

Yeah civ handle 92-95 with miata cables works quite well actually

PostPosted: March 6, 2011, 12:04 pm 

Excellent SR7 Hopeful. The challenge of this car has been no instructions from Dan. SR20 engine purchased from Dan but surprise! the intake has to be redesigned to fit inside the frame. Should have gone with the Miata. Oh well... live and learn

PostPosted: March 6, 2011, 9:00 pm 

Is Dan back in business? How long have you been building your car? I love our busa must say I don't think you can beat it once you get used to how it drives. Dan could have a great thing going if only he put some effort into it.

PostPosted: March 14, 2011, 1:03 pm 

Assume no.. I was one of his last sales. Work on the car got put on hold for about 18 months but now am in the final stages to get the SR20 done

Hopefully will be rolling soon ! :cheers:

PostPosted: March 15, 2011, 11:08 am 

Best of luck with it. I couldn't imagine trying to put that much torque through the diff. What diff are you using? Hope your going to run some wide tire's to put all that power down.

PostPosted: May 15, 2011, 11:16 am 

Using a Miata Torson... the SR27s use this so I hope it stands up as well Dan's turbo busa uses Miata as well. All turbo tubing now done ...a tight squeeze with a side mount intercooler by Bell / Gerhard Schruf (facinating guy, worked with Gilles Villenueve / Ferrari in turbo development). Ready for a trip to the best welder in So Ont for the exhaust ! Can't wait to finally try out this beast. :cheers:

PostPosted: May 15, 2011, 11:25 am 

great lap video at Cayuga... you were burning up the track for sure. I had the pleasure of being a Ferrari Modena 360 in the wet there, cornered harder than my Audi S4 in the wet. but it probably is not nearly as fast at you with the busa SR7