LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 19, 2024, 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: November 10, 2010, 6:52 pm 
Toyotaphobe

The title comes from the post by a.moore as he locked the thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11458).

I'm not sure I understand the locking of Stiggy's last thread. He was asking a question about the possibility of a new low cost kit.

He's not trying to take over the forum nor is he blatantly using it to advertise his wares. He's made us aware of an issue which I'm appreciative of. We always need to know about the crooks. And it appears he wants to take a fairly sane response to the issue by undercutting the crooks and at the same time maybe offering what an alternative and maybe attractive addition to the fold.

Will Pook or Jack be banned next?

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: November 10, 2010, 8:40 pm 
Always Moore!

Calm down....no ones getting banned.

1) If anyone has any legal qualms, any forum (let alone LocostUSA) is not the place to air them. Hire a lawyer, pay for it, and go through the process. Discussing it on a public forum just causes problems and headaches for everyone including those running the forum who played no role in the original complaint.

2) Complaining about someone else's product that is allegedly a complete rip off of his original product is advertising his wares and slamming someone else's. See 1) - hire a lawyer.

3) This should be the end of this discussion. As said before, this is LocostUSA not InsertRandomNonLocostKitHereUSA.

Not trying to be a jerk but lets build something Locost 7 related instead of playing Dungeons and Dragons with kit cars.

PostPosted: November 11, 2010, 3:00 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

First of all, there is no Vortex USA vs. Locost USA vs. MEV USA or anything along those lines. No one has been banned. No one is being persecuted. Please don't stir this into a bigger issue than it is.

There have been some posts which raise issues that LocostUSA has never seen before, as far as I recall. We're currently considering the situation and are in communication with everyone via PM's. In the meantime, several posts have been moved offline until we get a little better handle on things.

Please don't get too excited about this right now. Please give Team Mod a few days to consider the situation and figure out how this can best fit into the goals of LocostUSA. I am asking everyone to voluntarily refrain from starting new threads on this issue for the next week. If you have any input on the situation, please send me (or your favorite moderator) a private message.

I do want to strongly assert that no safety information will be suppressed from this site. Period. However, simply using the word "safety" does not negate other goals and guidelines of LocostUSA and expectations of its members.

-dave "peacekeeper" hempy

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]