LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 7, 2011, 6:38 am 

http://www.exomotive.com/ 8)

PostPosted: August 16, 2011, 9:00 am 

Thats a nice looking Kit. Sorry I'm about a new to this as it comes. Any idea if it can be street legal in the US?

PostPosted: August 22, 2011, 3:25 am 

Hey Nigel have some internet etiquette and throw a bit of info in your post of what the link is about please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

PostPosted: August 25, 2011, 4:41 pm 

cheapracer wrote:
Hey Nigel have some internet etiquette and throw a bit of info in your post of what the link is about please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Hello ‘cheapracer’ haven’t spoken to you in a long time how’s your exo car project going ?

Exomotive is a company being launched by a very nice chap called Kevin Patrick who was one of the first individuals to purchase and build an Exocet kit directly purchased from Stuart Mills in the USA.

I quote Kevins post on the MEV Owners Forum “Starting in early July, I began making plans for an exit from my current company to start a new company dedicated to bringing the Exocet to the US market. I am happy to report that Stuart and I reached an agreement last month and the first ten LHD US-Spec Exocets are in production.”

I’m sure that in time Kevin will post further details on here.

Before I forget cheap racer I must draw your attention to this as a fellow ‘Colin Chapman’ and F1 racing fan http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... ler_Years/

nigel

PostPosted: August 27, 2011, 3:27 am 

Can't get that BBC stuff "outside the UK".

Besides being a year behind my things are going extremely well actually, couldn't ask to be in a better position that I am right now.

I like the Exocet concept btw, can't get much better than a 'drop on' kit, Stiggy's done well.

I might add that I am happy to see a realistic price point for a kit, that will make 2 of us (very soon) :cheers:

PostPosted: August 27, 2011, 8:28 am 

Sorry, forgot you can’t view the BBC stuff outside the UK. :oops:

Please to hear things are progressing with your project, any chance of a few pictures, just to wet the appetite ? :)

I was a little sceptical of the styling of the Exocet at first, but following some fine tuning by Stiggy its grown on me and theirs certainly no question to the kits value and easy of build. The MX150R race version is going extremely well too, 3 of them are in action next weekend at Brands Hatch in the Nippon Challenge.

Mind you I believe Stiggy's up his tricks again and has some other designs in the pipeline to tempt us ! :wink:

nigel

PostPosted: August 27, 2011, 2:54 pm 

sonic7 wrote:
Mind you I believe Stiggy's up his tricks again and has some other designs in the pipeline to tempt us ! :wink:

nigel

I'm pretty straight up and down when it comes to opinions, I love the Sonic and the MEVX5 certainly has no reason not to be a smash hit at the price point (directly compare it to the 4 times dearer but similar spec Ginetta G40 for example), middle with the Exocet and below par for the Rocket and Atomic. I do like his enthusiasm and tenacity though, need more like him in working with mass manufacturers.

These are recent phone pics of one model, sorry but I won't post clear shots for a couple of weeks when the first pre production car is finished as there are some changes being made. There will be other model offerings before the year is out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: August 29, 2011, 3:33 am 

They are poor quality photos, :oops: I’m not going to embarrass your and ask what phone they were taken with, mind you I did ask for an appetite wet’er. Anyway really pleased to see and hear the car is further advanced and that your at the pre production stage. Really looking forward to seeing some quality photos and hearing, seeing some video footage of testing in the near future.

Cracking stuff Cheapracer :D

nigel

PostPosted: October 24, 2011, 2:40 pm 

At long last the web site is up and running http://exomotive.com/exocet/ :D

nigel

PostPosted: May 7, 2012, 7:01 am 

At last the US Exocet roles 8)

nigel

PostPosted: May 7, 2012, 7:44 am 

Maybe not so US friendly...

PostPosted: May 7, 2012, 12:35 pm 

Nigel, re "Maybe not so US friendly..."

Krepus is speaking of the video, not the car. The video is blocked from US viewing for alleged copyright reasons.

PostPosted: May 7, 2012, 1:10 pm 

JackMcCornack wrote:

Krepus is speaking of the video, not the car. The video is blocked from US viewing for alleged copyright reasons.

Grrrrrrr so much for the 'world wide web'. Try this link :wink: http://vimeo.com/41663725

nigel

PostPosted: May 7, 2012, 3:01 pm 

Works fine for Canada!

PostPosted: May 8, 2012, 3:36 am 

JackMcCornack wrote:

My guess is that the background music was probably not properly licensed for use.