LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 6, 2015, 6:13 am 

I don't think this has been posted yet. Stalker Cars is starting to build a model that uses a Miata donor.it is called the Stalker MX5. Should weigh in at around 1,350 lbs. and includes the Mspec suspension & steering and a build cost of under 15K. We have the old Classic.... But I can see this becoming a future project for us. http://stalkercars.com/models/stalker-mx5/

Scott W.

PostPosted: October 6, 2015, 8:57 pm 

Last I talked w/ them they were sooo into the LSx builds... wonder what changed their minds?

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: October 6, 2015, 9:18 pm 
Toyotaphobe

geek49203 wrote:
Last I talked w/ them they were sooo into the LSx builds... wonder what changed their minds?

Yes, they'd insult you for even thinking of a 4 or 6 banger.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: October 6, 2015, 9:43 pm 

They are still building the LS Mspecs, just expanding the line. I have driven the LS Mspec, it is one fast ride. Hoping I can get a test ride in the MX5 version.

PostPosted: October 7, 2015, 7:48 am 
We are Slotus!

geek49203 wrote:
It's a business... They "push" whatever their newest, hottest product is. When they see an opening for another product, then it becomes the "push." I know the Mineharts, they're passionate about their cars and cars in general. But I suspect, when ya get down to it, they really like makin' a buncha munny too... :mrgreen:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: October 7, 2015, 8:59 am 

A Miata motor won't leave black marks from the exit of one corner to the entrance of the next!

PostPosted: October 7, 2015, 9:39 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
It's a business... They "push" whatever their newest, hottest product is. When they see an opening for another product, then it becomes the "push." I know the Mineharts, they're passionate about their cars and cars in general. But I suspect, when ya get down to it, they really like makin' a buncha munny too... :mrgreen:

I'm sorry if I insulted anyone -- they've been good to me in my build, and I appreciate it. I even suggested they drive over to the IndyCar race in St Pete, or at least let me drive around the area in one of their cars, back when I was there last, just to help 'em publicize their cars. OH, and to have a great car for the weekend, but that's another story. My locost has 2 bits from their shop, and their parts list is invaluable!

But yeah, when I called up asking about bits for a 3.4 build, it was pretty clear that they'd gone entirely to LSx builds. And yes, I suspect they were responding to the market place. I guess what I wanted to ask is, "gee, did the market place change while I was sleeping?"

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: October 7, 2015, 11:02 pm 

I think the Mx5 car is a great idea. It is a lower end car but still has all the suspension of there top of the line models. Have a look at the suspension videos on the Stalker site it is truly amazing. I have done a lot of research on suspension recently and everything I want the stalker already has and more, virtually every aspect is adjustable.

Scott is a great guy and very knowledgeable about cars and racing. Every time I see him I tell him my latest crazy idea and he directs me towards something that will actually make the car quicker. He also helped me a lot last weekend setting up my new tires.

His brother Jason nearly won the EMod class in the Stalker AXR. He was beaten by Jeff Kiesel on the last run. I don't think anyone has been within 4 seconds of Kiesel for about 10 years.

Scrap Metal Build Log viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14558

PostPosted: October 8, 2015, 10:53 am 

wrightcomputing wrote:
He was beaten by Jeff Kiesel on the last run.
I heard he did the Kiesel run in less than twelve parsecs.

PostPosted: October 8, 2015, 1:05 pm 

:lol:

Scrap Metal Build Log viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14558