LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 16, 2016, 9:37 am 

JackMcCornack wrote:
Sorry; I got here late.

mkejim has a sliding canopy on his Lalo-bodied Locost (and I'm considering one for mine) but it'll be interesting/challenging/tough on a standard Locost body because the doors, if they travel with the top, will hit the fenders. A tilt-back top might be better. Then again, if you already have a concept for the doors, please share it--I've thought long and hard about how to do a sliding canopy for a Locost and haven't had much luck with the concept (not to mention the execution), though if it can be done it'll solve a lot of problems.

Jack I will build the car to meet the canopy, not the other way around.
If you remember (or look) at my first Seven you will notice that the door curve place(Uncle Chapmann, Champion, Catheram) part of the body has been eliminated altogether. I and my passengers hop in over what I have. If I take things from this I believe that some kind of sliding canopy (like what you have done) will be my choice...no doors, why do you want doors :D

PostPosted: August 16, 2016, 9:41 am 

mainlandboy wrote:
Hi Phil,

Any particular reason why not to source the fiberglass parts from Kinetic?

http://www.kineticvehicles.com/

Sorry Mainland,
I read to quickly I thought you were Jack. :cheers:

PostPosted: August 16, 2016, 9:45 am 

mainlandboy wrote:
phil wrote:
Hi Jack. Nice to read from you again.
No no reasons. You were going to be my first call if as I assume there was no one left in Canada to buy parts from.
Please do not take this as discrimination based on nationality. I like doing business with you and in the US . I bought the BOOK from you that got me started 12 years ago. Then when it came to buy parts you suggested that I should deal with a Canadian source because shipping would be cheaper. The certification process is a little easier too for us in Ontario with a Canadian supplier (this is what I was told at the licencing bureau).
Anyway, here I am , back with a new project.
I will send you a personal mail this weekend to tell you in detail what I want to do.

Hi Phil, sorry for the late reply. I am not Jack, but was more than happy to recommend him regarding sourcing parts. For the real Jack, see the reply above from user JackMcCornack. :D

Sorry Mainlandboy I should have read the name beside the post. I assumed you were Jack.
It looks that your question will get Jack my business however.
Phil