LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
PostPosted: March 16, 2016, 8:30 am 

Got mine yesterday. It looks even better in person than it does in the pics!

Thanks Bot

OOPS I did it again
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17496

Blood Sweat and Beers
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15216

PostPosted: March 16, 2016, 8:34 am 

TooBusy wrote:
Got mine yesterday. It looks even better in person than it does in the pics!

Thanks Bot
Your Welcome!! Glad it arrived safe and you like it!!

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: March 16, 2016, 9:24 am 

I got mine this morning and I have to say I am very disappointed.......my car isn't nice enough for me to put these on. Great job Bot. I agree this was the best group buy ever. Can't wait for your next one.

Chris
Build: NA Miata based +221 Se7en

PostPosted: March 16, 2016, 1:04 pm 

FieroReinke wrote:
I got mine this morning and I have to say I am very disappointed.......my car isn't nice enough for me to put these on. Great job Bot. I agree this was the best group buy ever. Can't wait for your next one.

Damn Chris... You scared the crud out of me. I'm reading this on a phone and I'll I could see was "disappointed" :ack:

Glad you like! Next one, huh? You never know! 8)

Cheers!

Ken

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: March 17, 2016, 8:24 pm 

:( Sad news, guys. I'm happy that I received the package today, but the drop didn't make it. There is a hole in the box that is just about the right size for it to slip out. I know that these were 1-to-1, so I guess my drop is gone forever. I was looking forward to it. The corner of the package says it is insured, so maybe I can see about talking with the USPS about it.

The good news is the important part did make it through, and it looks awesome. Excellent work, botbasher.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My LocostUSA build log: http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17917
A good snapshot of my progress. The LITE edition!

PostPosted: March 17, 2016, 8:42 pm 

ShadowCat38 wrote:
:( Sad news, guys. I'm happy that I received the package today, but the drop didn't make it. There is a hole in the box that is just about the right size for it to slip out. I know that these were 1-to-1, so I guess my drop is gone forever. I was looking forward to it. The corner of the package says it is insured, so maybe I can see about talking with the USPS about it.

The good news is the important part did make it through, and it looks awesome. Excellent work, botbasher.
That is weird since the 7s were zipped under the rods and the emblem!

Don't stress yourself with USPS... If yours is the only issue I got ya covered!

Like you said though.... At least the important part made it through!

Cheers!

KS

PostPosted: March 17, 2016, 10:26 pm 

Ill be in Raleigh tomorrow and heading back in the evening, I'll swing by on my way back to Charlotte. I'll shoot you a text tomorrow, little late and didn't want to wake you if you're asleep.

PostPosted: March 18, 2016, 7:11 am 

Mine came in yesterday (Thursday? New work shift is an overnight... :ack: ), opened em after I got in this morning.

No pics yet, but they are fantastic, and bigger than I thought.
I'm 100% satisfied to have been a part of this!

The Cerakote is fleeping amazing. The only way it could be better is if it was glow in the dark as well. :mrgreen:

06 325xi
Some people never have anything except ideas. Go do it.
Emissions & fuel economy haven't exactly been areas of strength for past rotary power plants, but absolutely no one with a soul has ever cared.

PostPosted: March 18, 2016, 1:43 pm 

Got 'em! Can't wait to put them on the car. Oh yeah, I guess I need to build the car! Thanks, Ken!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: March 18, 2016, 2:35 pm 

ngpmike wrote:
Oh yeah, I guess I need to build the car!
Yeah, but you got the most important cool looking things dealt with first!! :cheers:

Who needs a car when you're looking that green!! We got the before... Now we just need the after, right? :wink:

Glad you like.

KS

PostPosted: March 19, 2016, 12:19 pm 

Received mine in the mail yesterday with no problems! The mail lady had jammed the envelope into the mailbox :shock:

Anyway, they look amazing
Attachment:
IMG_20160319_090100909r.jpg

Thanks for going through all the trouble to make these available, Botbasher :cheers:

PostPosted: March 19, 2016, 12:43 pm 

I guess I didn't post here that I got mine yesterday. The envelope was open when I got it, but that's because my wife opened it to bug me. She said it was really well taped up and hard to break open. Thanks again Botbasher.
Kristian

PostPosted: March 21, 2016, 11:06 pm 

Got mine, too, and it looks fantastic! I guess that means I have to get off my butt and make a grill now!

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: March 23, 2016, 12:44 pm 

zetec7 wrote:
Got mine, too, and it looks fantastic! I guess that means I have to get off my butt and make a grill now!
You know what's funny about that....

Briggs came up and visited for a while and picked his up. As he's looking at it, he walks over to my nosecone and sizes it up. I looked as he did that and realized that in all this fun and frolic, I hadn't even stopped to look and see how it looked on my own car!!! :oops:

Glad they are all arriving safely. Only 2 incidents so far... one package MIA and one "7" lost in transit. I can live with that!!

With that being said... I have 5 "leftover" Emblems that I'll toss up for sale if anyone decided that they want another. 1st come 1st got!!

It's been a busy couple of days and I haven't been keeping up here but I got a couple in the mail the other day...

Printnweld
Raceral
Blake17

You guys should see yours in a couple of days!!

That only leaves a couple of guys left on my Naughty/Nice list!! :twisted:

Carguy123
Omterry
Factorypartsjoe

If you see these scoundrels, let them know I'm looking for them and I'll be at the OK Corral at high Noon!!!

OK... back to your regularly scheduled programming already in progress!

KS

PostPosted: March 23, 2016, 2:47 pm 

Please keep hold of one for me, so I can buy another if mine never show up. It got lost as we moved right around the time of shipping. I will chase up with USPS and see if they attached them to one of their little vans.

Scrap Metal Build Log viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14558

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next