LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 14, 2024, 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
PostPosted: March 13, 2016, 12:38 am 

And the final result?

Attachment:
2016-03-12 23.34.49.jpg

Sorry... The flash did it no justice. I typically have to find some sunshine to jet good colors. If it's sunny tomorrow I'll get a couple of beauty shots for the biz site and post those here.

Cheers!

KS

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: March 13, 2016, 11:07 am 

Just as a curiosity, put a solid 7 of a different color in the shield. That might make a cool contrast. Also what if it was raised or lowered to make a shadow line. Russ

PostPosted: March 13, 2016, 11:18 am 

While looking a my parts, I was thinking the same thing Russ. Maybe painting it the primary body color would tie it all together. I was also thinking of a slightly smaller insert with about 1/4" clearance to the "std" emblem.

I did notice that the "scrap" seven that I received had the brushed finish perpendicular to the rest of the emblem which also makes an attractive detail.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: March 13, 2016, 11:36 am 

You asked for it....

Attachment:
IMAG1518.jpg

So who's rethinking their color scheme right now? :D

KS

FYI - they all have studs except the emblem on the right, so they are all in relief except for that set.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: March 13, 2016, 4:45 pm 

Well, The colors I had planned for my car was green stripes and fenders on a black body. That dark grey is a pretty good contrast to the emblem!

PostPosted: March 14, 2016, 9:08 am 

botbasher wrote:
So who's rethinking their color scheme right now? :D
Yeah... I didn't paint mine while I was doing them this weekend, but after seeing these, I'm thinking of doing mine in the NRA Blue for the Emblem and Satin Aluminum on the Drop. All on a expanded stainless mesh! :shock: Should look fantastic!

I hadn't thought of contrasting colors, but after Russ suggested it, I really like it!! I have found that I can do the work, but I must differ to others for help with the creative side!

K "stealer of ideas and cheezburgers" S

PostPosted: March 14, 2016, 9:11 am 

ngpmike wrote:
Well, The colors I had planned for my car was green stripes and fenders on a black body. That dark grey is a pretty good contrast to the emblem!
You want me to re-do your "7" before I ship it out Mike? :D

That Sniper Grey looks really good in contrast and would be a great "shadow" color for the inlet. Black would get lost, but that grey reflects a bit of light!

Your call!

KS

PostPosted: March 14, 2016, 9:36 am 

Well Lads and Lasses, I have to admit that other than Cerakoting up a few emblems, I really didn't do any of the shipping that I had planned! I got into working on the car (trying my hand at forming alum on the scuttle) and lost the time!! So there is no pipeline information this morning! :oops: Sorry!

I'm sitting at the desk while the HVAC guys evac the prototype heat pump in the lab, so I am sure I will be able to get a couple of these out the door today if I can locate some packing tape. It is truly amazing how much tape you go through wrapping up these little goodies!!

So now I will stop typing and get to packing!

Cheers!

KS

PostPosted: March 14, 2016, 10:14 am 

Quote:
You want me to re-do your "7" before I ship it out Mike?

Nah, that's OK! Thanks anyway. I may just put that "7" on my "Roll-a-way". Should look good against the stainless steel exterior. For my Locost, I'm planning on blacking out the grill and everything behind it, so that 'Zombie Green' insert should really "POP"! :shock:

PostPosted: March 14, 2016, 10:27 am 

ngpmike wrote:
Quote:
You want me to re-do your "7" before I ship it out Mike?

Nah, that's OK! Thanks anyway. I may just put that "7" on my "Roll-a-way". Should look good against the stainless steel exterior. For my Locost, I'm planning on blacking out the grill and everything behind it, so that 'Zombie Green' insert should really "POP"! :shock:
Good... cause I got into a groove and packed it up without even thinking!! :roll: Force of Halibut!!

PostPosted: March 14, 2016, 12:22 pm 

That sniper grey 7 sure looks great! :cheers: :lol:

PostPosted: March 15, 2016, 4:43 pm 

Hey Ya'All!!!

Sorry, but it's been non-stop the last few days and I didn't to anything on these yesterday.

So on the way home I'm stopping by the USPS and going in the box are:

MKEJim
NGPMike
cwhite
ShadowCat38
Wicky
300D50
Rob7

I got payment in the mail yesterday from:

RacerAl
Printnweld

Those will prob go out on Thurs.

Only a couple left to hear from and the Group Buy will be done!!! Woot Woot!! They really did run me quite a few extra, so as soon as the last "official" buys go out, I'll offer the remaining (20ish) up for the original quoted price.

OK.. off to the Post!!!

Cheers!

Ken

PostPosted: March 15, 2016, 5:06 pm 

Got mine yesterday. They look great! Thanks again

PostPosted: March 15, 2016, 5:16 pm 

Ooh! I can hardly wait! :drool:

PostPosted: March 15, 2016, 6:17 pm 

ngpmike wrote:
Ooh! I can hardly wait! :drool:

Ha ha.... Yes Mike... Yours is on its way!

:cheers:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next