LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 17, 2024, 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 14, 2016, 7:59 pm 

Anyone out there have pics of Curtis Fiberglass Cycle Fenders?

I can find about 100 pics of their clam-shells, but not one that is definitively Curtis.

Looking to buy a set, but Curtis hasn't returned an email (understand they are nightowls and slower paced) and I'm really curious to see that they look like on a car.

Thanks!

KS

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: February 14, 2016, 9:26 pm 

Something I really need to fix on my web site--it's a single Curtis these days, it's just Fay. She always did the fiberglassing and Bert did the metalwork, but Bert passed away last year and she's on her own now. Keep trying her, evenings is best, she's still making parts and still looking for your business, but she's hard to connect with.

PostPosted: February 14, 2016, 11:06 pm 

JackMcCornack wrote:
Something I really need to fix on my web site--it's a single Curtis these days, it's just Fay. She always did the fiberglassing and Bert did the metalwork, but Bert passed away last year and she's on her own now. Keep trying her, evenings is best, she's still making parts and still looking for your business, but she's hard to connect with.
Sorry to hear of the passing.

I'll keep trying, but really would like to see what they look like. The Wings have been well documented, but their other accessories haven't, at least as far as the search on the Forum and the internet can turn up.

I'm sure the wait will be worth it... just want to make sure I'm waiting for something I really want!

Thanks!

K "excited" S

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: February 14, 2016, 11:22 pm 

I ordered a set for a friends car a few years back, and at that time Fay only had the Westfield type cycle fender molds. Both my friend and myself weren't too keen on the look (actual style, not quality) of them so I ordered a set from Caterham USA.

PostPosted: February 14, 2016, 11:26 pm 

cs3tcr wrote:
I ordered a set for a friends car a few years back, and at that time Fay only had the Westfield type cycle fender molds. Both my friend and myself weren't too keen on the look (actual style, not quality) of them so I ordered a set from Caterham USA.
Like these??

PostPosted: February 14, 2016, 11:31 pm 

cs3tcr wrote:
I ordered a set for a friends car a few years back, and at that time Fay only had the Westfield type cycle fender molds.
That is still the case, I believe.
cs3tcr wrote:
Both my friend and myself weren't too keen on the look (actual style, not quality)...
Me either, but it's in the eye of the beholder.

PostPosted: February 14, 2016, 11:35 pm 

Botbasher,
Those are them, but I don't recall how wide they were.

PostPosted: February 14, 2016, 11:53 pm 

cs3tcr wrote:
Botbasher,
Those are them, but I don't recall how wide they were.
Well... According to the description, if they are still the same ones, they are 7.5 and 8.5 , which I presume is across the flat and lip to lip.

Found another Westie pic. If they still have the rounded fronts, then... I think I'm with you guys.

I've asked her if she has pics of current product. I'll have to wait for that to make an official determination.

KS