LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Welcome to The Builders Logs. This area is for showing your current build/your completed car. Please only create a thread if you are currently building a car/showing off a finished project. Please do not create any other topics in this forum; any other subject should be posted in the correct forum. Please also only create one thread per user per project.

PostPosted: September 20, 2015, 7:34 am 

Ron, i think some aero gains could be made in the front wheel arches and although a tonneau is not permitted, installing a passenger door that matches a drivers door that is never fitted could reduce the open-ness of the cockpit.

also raising the area above the gas tank between the cockpit and spoiler may help.

nice effort!!

but we in it shall be remembered.

PostPosted: September 20, 2015, 11:01 am 

John,
Thanks for the suggestions.

Ron

Last edited by seven13bt on November 9, 2017, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 11, 2017, 11:28 am 

For many years the flat gasket in the fuel tank D-ring cap became a real pain. It would expand over time and not lay flat during cap installation and would push over the edge making the cap bind during the twist/clamping process. My operating procedure became replacing with a spare gasket and then shrinking the old gasket by "drying" in the sun for several hours. These were supposed to be viton but, the growth indicates otherwise. This problem has now been addressed with an aluminum threaded cap that has a real viton o-ring. No problem with this style after almost a year of use. It has the same bolt pattern as the original D-ring cap on the jaz tank. It's PN 166017ERL at Summit (not locost at $95).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: October 31, 2018, 4:47 pm 

I've enjoyed this car for 35 years, but now it's on the trailer headed for the new owner. He reminds me of myself 35 years ago, so I expect that his ownership/wrenching/driving experiences will be similar to the enjoyment I've had.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.