LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Welcome to The Builders Logs. This area is for showing your current build/your completed car. Please only create a thread if you are currently building a car/showing off a finished project. Please do not create any other topics in this forum; any other subject should be posted in the correct forum. Please also only create one thread per user per project.

PostPosted: July 27, 2013, 8:56 pm 

A few shots of my Brunton Stalker.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: July 28, 2013, 7:28 pm 

I'm building a kinda clone of the original V6 Stalker, so I've made the acquaintance of both the former and current owners of the Brunton Stalker. Both seem to be good people. Dennis seems to be brilliant when it comes to these cars.

Just wondering --

What are the stats of the car? Weight, HP, torque? Is this pretty much the same wheelbase and chassis size (+2) as the original Stalker?

And have to ask about those wings....

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: July 29, 2013, 2:04 pm 

geek49203 wrote:
I'm building a kinda clone of the original V6 Stalker, so I've made the acquaintance of both the former and current owners of the Brunton Stalker. Both seem to be good people. Dennis seems to be brilliant when it comes to these cars.

Just wondering --

What are the stats of the car? Weight, HP, torque? Is this pretty much the same wheelbase and chassis size (+2) as the original Stalker?

And have to ask about those wings....

Dennis Brunton is a fantastic fellow with lots of knowledge base for going fast and doing it well. Scott Minehart was the welder for Dennis before Dennis sold out to him. Glen, Scott's dad, is also quick to answer any questions one may have.

Here are a few stats for the car.

• original Stalker design (chassis #85). The car originally had an L67 supercharged V6
• 370rwhp per dyno (approximately 425 at the crank. Here is a video link for one of the dyno runs:

http://youtu.be/xfnv0qTdKlU

• 360rwtq
• 1500lb dry weight (1780lb est track weight w/ full fuel and driver)
• wheel base is 92"

The front and rear wings (front wing shortened) are from Cosmo Racing. The link on my signature is the link to my build file. Within the file are several folders. On the last couple of pages of the file, there are two folders for the wings (one for the front and one for the rear).

PostPosted: July 31, 2013, 10:49 pm 

Shane,

Thanks for posting this thread and the link to your build gallery. Very nice build. :cheers:

Also appreciate the detail and documentation in your build file. Always nice to have another LS powered car to "borrow" ideas from :)

My Car9 build: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14613
"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

Ultima Spyder, Northstar 4.0, Porsche G50/52