LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 6, 2024, 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 19, 2010, 10:13 am 

Chet or Dave or????

It seems that the "view more smilies" is not working. I get:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Invalid use of group function [1111]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: October 19, 2010, 11:25 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

Crap.

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: October 20, 2010, 1:20 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

FastG wrote:
"view active topics" is not working for me, I get 2 posts from today, 2 from yesterday and one from the 14th. This is by far my most used feature, it's going to be a pain if it does not work.

Hmm...yes, I see that. :-( No ideas on that, but I'll look into it.

In the meantime, give "View New Posts" a try. It is very similar, but limits the list to posts since your last visit. So if you check the site again six hour later, you only see posts in those six hours. The downside is that if you don't get around to reading those posts, they'll be gone from the list when you check the site again six hours after that. At which point, I recommend getting a life. ;-)

-dave "been a long time since I had a life" hempy

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway

PostPosted: October 20, 2010, 5:32 pm 

dhempy wrote:
FastG wrote:
"view active topics" is not working for me, I get 2 posts from today, 2 from yesterday and one from the 14th. This is by far my most used feature, it's going to be a pain if it does not work.

Hmm...yes, I see that. :-( No ideas on that, but I'll look into it.

I'm also missing the active topics functionality.

Also, has the post editing feature disappeared? I'm notorious for editing posts just after I submit them the first time. I wouldn't mind seeing that back to allow for correcting and completing information.

Thanks for all the hard work maintaining this site. :cheers:

PostPosted: October 20, 2010, 8:12 pm 

mattrogers wrote:
..snip.. Also, has the post editing feature disappeared? I'm notorious for editing posts just after I submit them the first time. I wouldn't mind seeing that back to allow for correcting and completing information.

It disappeared mid-edit on me, lol. I would also appreciate having the ability to edit my posts returned.

Thanks!

PostPosted: October 21, 2010, 6:31 am 

I think it's safe to say that hottjeons is a spammer...

PostPosted: October 21, 2010, 8:26 am 
We are Slotus!

^^^ Yeah, what he said...
Is there a way we can track down these jerks and shoot 'em in the ear with BB Guns until they promise to stop?

PostPosted: October 21, 2010, 9:13 am 
We are Slotus!

Hey, you made all the hair-straightener ads disappear!!! Well Done Moderators!!!!!
Thanks... Don't know who done it, but it's cool... 8)

PostPosted: October 21, 2010, 10:17 am 

erioshi wrote:
mattrogers wrote:
..snip.. Also, has the post editing feature disappeared? I'm notorious for editing posts just after I submit them the first time. I wouldn't mind seeing that back to allow for correcting and completing information.

It disappeared mid-edit on me, lol. I would also appreciate having the ability to edit my posts returned.

Thanks!

Interesting .. Now it looks like the "edit" feature is only disabled on specific forums.

And now, a few minutes later, it looks like the edit feature is back to disabled everywhere, lol.

Thanks for turning off the quick reply again! I know it's a pain to sort all this stuff out, lol, I've been a mod on a couple of other boards & I host a couple forums.

PostPosted: October 21, 2010, 10:35 am 

erioshi wrote:
Interesting .. Now it looks like the "edit" feature is only disabled on specific forums.

And now, a few minutes later, it looks like the edit feature is back to disabled everywhere, lol.

Thanks for turning off the quick reply again! I know it's a pain to sort all this stuff out, lol, I've been a mod on a couple of other boards & I host a couple forums.

Ok - Now it seems I can edit my last post as long as I haven't left that thread or too much time has elapsed. But if I head away and come back after a bit the post is no longer editable. I'm pretty sure this behavior is new since the upgrade. At least it explains why the edit feature has been driving me crazy with "sometimes I can / sometimes I can't" behavior, lol.

PostPosted: October 21, 2010, 2:19 pm 

erioshi wrote:
erioshi wrote:

Ok - Now it seems I can edit my last post as long as I haven't left that thread or too much time has elapsed. But if I head away and come back after a bit the post is no longer editable. I'm pretty sure this behavior is new since the upgrade. At least it explains why the edit feature has been driving me crazy with "sometimes I can / sometimes I can't" behavior, lol.

I hate this. Couple times through editing a post I ran out of time...

PostPosted: October 22, 2010, 12:56 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

Good catch, guys. Editing is now eternally available.

-dave

PostPosted: October 22, 2010, 5:57 pm 

Thanks Dave!

PostPosted: October 25, 2010, 12:01 am 

Hey, the upgrade has massive wonkiness! The last 10 pages of my build log are missing. - You know the pages that take it from 'almost done' through registration, a few road trips and my first SCCA title!!! That's not the worst part; I went out to the garage and the car has regressed with the build log back to its "almost finished" state, and there's not an SCCA trophy in sight! What gives!?

Har Har Har. :lol:

This is just to say thanks to all the folks who work in the shadows maintaining and admin'ing the site. It's an awesome resource for the scratch builder and honestly, some of the most entertaining media I consume.

:cheers: Hat's off fellas. - and whatever you're getting paid, we should double it. (Lets see, $0.00 x 2 = $0.00, yup, we can still afford your masterful services. )!

Miata based, custom chassis build in progress. First Drive!!! http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2269&start=375

PostPosted: October 25, 2010, 7:57 am 

I know this is a pain......And I appreciate all the work you guys do to keep us all locost junkies connected.

This morning, all of the posts in this thread, back to Gonzo's Oct 21, 2010 7:13 am post, now show up as unread. I know that I read them all up to rust_bucket's post last night.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766