Here are more photographs of the hood. For each hood panel I started with a 3x4ft aluminum sheet .050 3003 H14 which I order from online metals. I clamped the sheet to the scuttle frame and to the nosecone, allowing enough material to bend down the center flange. I simply bent the sheet down by hand. I will tend to spring back so I took the panel off the car and made the bend a little sharper by trial and error until it matched the curve of the scuttle and the nose. Then I marked the panel for the flange and bent it with my home made bending brake. I put notches on each end so it would lay flat on the scuttle frame and nose and clamped it down securely. Then I pulled the sheet down tight against the frame rail and went under and marked the panel at the upper frame rail. Next, I bent the lower flange, but I didn't bend at the frame rail mark, I moved up a little, maybe half and inch. I would rather have the hood slightly short that too long. Anyway, the driver's side panel turned out just about perfect. The right side was just slightly long. Not by much but enough so that when you look at the fit at the nose, the right panel has just a little buldge, which can't be corrected,
Hood.jpg [ 235.22 KiB | Viewed 238 times ]
Here is a photograph showing the engine clearing notch
hood-2.jpg [ 153.96 KiB | Viewed 238 times ]
After cutting the notch, I became concerned that the hood would buckle. I added a reinforcement underneath, shown here.
hood engine clearence notch.jpg [ 116.07 KiB | Viewed 238 times ]
I also cut notches to clear the Dzus mounting plates.