LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 15, 2024, 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: May 3, 2012, 4:39 pm 

What is your goal on weight? I ended up weighing 1638 with my HUGE tires. I could shave a 100 pounds just by changing the rubber and rims on the car.

JR

PostPosted: May 4, 2012, 1:28 am 

Quote:
What is your goal on weight?

I'd be happy in the 1500's

Yep I got a build:

PostPosted: May 4, 2012, 11:12 am 

You'll hit it. I have heavy seats, full miata rear subframe, radio, 7 speakers....blah blah blah, you get the idea. Also my floor is steel not aluminum.

JR

PostPosted: May 31, 2012, 10:25 pm 

Well after all the spring honey do's also called lack of funding this month and a camping trip. Camping ? Was more like freezing my ass off. First nite it was 26 degrees and snowing when we got there. Finally got up to a high of 56 with a low of 36 by the 4th day. Drive 50 miles down the mountain and it was mid 80's the whole time. Who would'a guessed 5000 ft made that much difference.
Finally got a little bit done today. Hopefully this should keep wayward vehicles out of my fuel cell. Needed it to be removable to get the cell back enough to be able to remove it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yep I got a build:

PostPosted: July 9, 2012, 9:20 pm 

Need to post more often I guess, dropped to the last post on the page. Still plugging away little by little. Got the seat and belt mounts in. Old pic the 6pt tabs are gone and I put plugs in the tube. Started shaping the back finally. The bottom half's basically there. Just got some bracing, shock mount, and a jack point to go. We don't need no stink'in high dollar tube bender. Our homemade tube bender worked pretty good for lower curves. No kinks or deformation. So I'm happy with it. Still waiting to get my rack back from unisteer after they mis machined it.
Got a new DD so the '01 Mustang gonna be a drift car.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yep I got a build:

PostPosted: July 31, 2012, 7:26 pm 

Finally got my rack back from Unisteer. Not really happy with the workmanship but fixed the issues myself and got the rack mounted now. Got it within .002" of my design so long as I get the outboard shimmed right that will be my bump steer over full range of travel.
Finally the rear suspension is finished. Rotated the lower pickups 90 degrees and got the coil over mounts and bracing done on the frame. Now to make the curves to finish the upper rear.
I guess if I had the brakes and wheels and 3 more coil overs it would be a roller. Still got some problems to work out for brakes. The cobra stuff I have for the rear is 11.65" and heavy the light weight stuff is 12". The light weight Wilwood front setup for my spindles the smallest is 11". Yeah they are overkill but light. Any way haven't been able to come up with anything smaller to fit the rear that doesn't involve redrilling the hub pattern on the rotor or spacing out the rotor.

The last pic is for Team Slotus. :roll:

Yep I got a build:

PostPosted: August 1, 2012, 7:00 am 
We are Slotus!

SILF???
Gettin all perr-ticka-larr in your old age??? Goats ain't good enough for ya???
:rofl:

The car looks good too. Really like the upper control arms, the way they curve around the coilover.
:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: August 27, 2012, 7:53 pm 

Getting to the point I need to spend a lot more money I ain't got to get much further, 3 shocks ,brakes,wheels,tires,Manifold and turbo to fit steering shaft. Started making the nose fit so I can do the dash. Have to make it wider,taller and lower the bottom. On to version 2.0 on the engine mounts. When I put the Greddy oil pan on surprise the cooling fins made it sit to low. The new mounts are better designed so a win I guess.

Yep I got a build:

PostPosted: August 27, 2012, 11:15 pm 

Glad to see someone else has already done what I was thinking with building the cage and frame as 1. Can't wait too see all the panels on. What size turbo do you plan on running. Also that RHD dash is worth some money if you havent sold it already.

PostPosted: August 28, 2012, 12:53 am 

BorgWarner EFR 7064 Twinscroll. Pulled the powertrain out and sold the rest of the cut bout 3 days later.

Yep I got a build:

PostPosted: August 28, 2012, 2:51 am 

dm2play wrote:
BorgWarner EFR 7064 Twinscroll. Pulled the powertrain out and sold the rest of the cut bout 3 days later.

Very nice, Borg Warner makes the best turbos money can buy. can wait to see this beauty finished.

PostPosted: September 16, 2012, 12:08 am 

Well since it let me post pics today I guess I'll update. Only thing I did different all week was put the pics first before I put any text??? Ok enough whining on to something build related.
Since I got the nosecone height set now, I got the scuttle framework done. Still gonna have to put a hump in the hood even with 1 1/2" higher scuttle. Comes with dropping the frame instead of leaving the engine hanging below I guess. Starting to make a bunch of brackets to mount the fuel cell. Pics when I get it mounted or the site lets me post them.

Yep I got a build:

PostPosted: September 16, 2012, 11:05 am 

What do you use to make your sheet metal dimples as in the photo above? What gauge capacity does your tool have?

Thanks,

Lonnie

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: September 17, 2012, 12:12 am 

Quote:
What do you use to make your sheet metal dimples as in the photo above? What gauge capacity does your tool have?

It's a Mittler Bros. Got it from Summit.
I cheat though just hand snug it and put it in the press.
Material Thickness Range:
Aluminum 18Ga (.040”) 14Ga. (.062”)
Mild Steel 19Ga. (.040”) to 16Ga. (.062”)
Stainless Steel 19Ga. (.040”)

Yep I got a build:

PostPosted: September 26, 2012, 6:27 pm 

Got the bottom half of the fuel cell mount done, now onto the top hold down. Hope the top goes a lot faster seems like it took forever to put all the lightening holes in the brackets. In the second pic it looks like thick stuff, it's not it's 1/8". But they definitely weigh less now.

Yep I got a build:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next