the turbo muffler (thrush something or other) with a bit of a turndown has WOT down to ~96.8DB. That should be good for the majority of venues I run at.
It's also subtantially lighter than the spintech piece. Oh, and it cost something like 45 bucks... shipped... meanwhile, I don't want to compare that to the other two mufflers.
I've got a checklist to prep the car for its next outing and i've been working through that. the last week has been primarily focused on getting the tow hitch from europe installed in my allroad and installing the brake controller so I can trailer the locost ~2 hours to the middle of washington next weekend.
I finally wrapped that up and have been back working on the locost.
A buddy is going to co-drive next weekend and we had to trim a bit of the dash out so he could fit. I also fittted the brake bias adjuster
for anyone that plans on using the speedway bias adjuster - tilton changed their bias bar to a 7/16 size up from the 3/16 semi-recently. Speedway and wilwood still use the 3/16 bar. I made use of a nut and the welder to temporarily remedy the issue. Pegasus has the proper cable end available if you need to convert
I corner leveled (not balanced, yet) with ballast for the driver and gave it my first pass at a semi-legit alignment. it's certainly more accurate than my as-assembled alignment which was wasn't half bad for camber but trash for everything else.
I picked up a few laser levels from clearance at home depot in place of strings. After using them I think the string might have worked better... Both are tedious and take getting used to