LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 19, 2024, 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
PostPosted: May 6, 2017, 9:19 pm 

Briggs wrote:
Gives me a reason to buy more tools anyway. :lol:

Tools are good karma!

PostPosted: May 8, 2017, 10:21 am 
The voice of reason

Quote:
I want to do some things differently anyway.

Let folks here know your thoughts if you think there are things you would like to see done differently on Car9. I am open to criticism or input on things to do differently.

Also let's keep thinking about a front spindle weldment project... Something with either a Pinto or Miata axle pin that gives less KPI and less offset for Pinto or lower lower ball joint location for Miata.

PostPosted: May 9, 2017, 12:30 am 

horizenjob wrote:
Quote:
I want to do some things differently anyway.

Let folks here know your thoughts if you think there are things you would like to see done differently on Car9. I am open to criticism or input on things to do differently.

Also let's keep thinking about a front spindle weldment project... Something with either a Pinto or Miata axle pin that gives less KPI and less offset for Pinto or lower lower ball joint location for Miata.

I want to go with JD's approach where you can see all the rear suspension and drivetrain bits working and not covered up by the aluminum. I also want to build the frame around the drivetrain, seats, steering bits. Instead of building a frame and trying to fit things inside of it.

I'm down to work on a spindle idea. I'm a fan of the Miata bearings and hubs more so then the mustang 2. A cheap willwood caliper and a common brake rotor would be ideal. You design the hard bits I can build it.

PostPosted: May 10, 2017, 12:06 pm 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
I want to go with JD's approach where you can see all the rear suspension and drivetrain bits working and not covered up by the aluminum.
Awww, shucks... :oops: Thanks, Briggs...
As you know, the first iteration of bodywork was inspired by Mallock. For a clue as to the more recent design of the rear bodywork, just google "Porsche 917"... :mrgreen:

I like the "lack of" bodywork, because it says "OK, lookie here, that rear panel doesn't serve any real purpose. Take it off."

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 12, 2017, 3:47 am 

Copy and pasted from my other thread, that no one sees yet. LöL.

I'm having a hard time uploaded images to the site so I'll be using photobucket for the time being.

My buddy Anthony who I've known since 1st grade (22 years ago) owns a 2004 dodge neon SRT4. He came over the other weekend and I built him an oval side exit exhaust and added a resonator to his setup. Resonator helped with the rasp and the side exit is just cool. Haha.

Next up was the exhaust for the Subaru. 3" all the way from the downpipe out the rear bumper. Spin tech muffler with dual rolled edge 3" tips.

Next was a custom 3" dual tip I made for a customers s60R Volvo. This one was tricky as I only had 6-1/4" of room to work with. That meant putting the 3" double wall tips directly beside each other. I welded them together at a staggered angle to flow with the rear bumper. Ken (BotBasher) coated them for my customer.

PostPosted: May 12, 2017, 3:48 am 

Had a 1.8T VW jetta stop by. I build him a test pipe as well as a catback.

I also did some upgrades to the downpipes.

Added the bracket for the heat shield.

Upgraded to better hangers.

There is a 95 mustang Cobra sitting in the garage currently. I'm building a side exit for his car.

PostPosted: December 12, 2023, 11:45 am 

Encase anyone wondering what happened to this build. The business grew more than I could have imagined. It took up all of my free time. I kept everything but the chassis. Unfortunately I didn't have the room to keep hauling it around from place to place. I do have another build that I plan on starting with my son next year. Currently in the design phase.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86