LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: January 22, 2015, 8:25 am 
We are Slotus!

Lonnie-S wrote:
Glad to hear it was a helpful idea, Marcus. You've given me quite a few good ones over time.

Yeah, what he ^ said... Don't tell anybody I admitted this, but every once-in-a-while, it's good to have an enga-neer around. :shock:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: January 26, 2015, 5:06 pm 
The voice of reason

So here's what the dash hoop looks like after I bulged out the bottom to clear the T5. I think this came out much better then notching the bottom cross tube.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: January 27, 2015, 8:35 pm 
The voice of reason

Snowpocolypse! Here's a picture of my better half in her Canadian bathing suit. :rofl:

I was a little discouraged trying to work in the shop today because the wind blew in a little bit of snow thru a crack in the door. It's still there a day later so I think even my feeble hope that the floor was above freezing is officially gone now. :cry:

Oh well I'll keep going on. Cut another diagonal today.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: January 27, 2015, 9:42 pm 

That's a whole lotta snow!!

PostPosted: January 28, 2015, 7:54 am 
We are Slotus!

Holy Cow!!! That's makin' me cold just lookin' at it!!! You tell her to get back inside the house before she freezes her buns off!!!!

It was cold here yesterday too... High only got up to about 55 or 60... :mrgreen:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: January 28, 2015, 1:18 pm 
Toyotaphobe

GonzoRacer wrote:

It was cold here yesterday too... High only got up to about 55 or 60... :mrgreen:

Dang it was cold there!! It got up to 80 here and supposed to be 75-77 today before the temps drop back into the 50's.

But I am not fooling myself, I know that most ice storms hit us in February & March.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: January 28, 2015, 7:39 pm 
The voice of reason

We don't mind the weather here. It's not hard to dress for 20-30 degrees, nothing like our friends in Canada where it can get 40 below. Maybe it's hard to see in the picture, but she's got a big smile. The fact that my garage turned into a shop is unheated is not great though.

Kids had a couple surprise days off from school and we had fun learning how to cook a fruit tart yesterday and they played outside in the snow this afternoon. It's really beautiful sometimes After a fresh snowfall. We like the seasons.

Here in Boston we are about the same distance from the equator as Spain, but it's much colder here. This was a huge shock for the early settlers who were well aware they were far south of England. Went that first winter came it was brutal and many didn't make it.

Which reminds me, I think I'll have a little rum in my fermented cider before working in the shop tonight...

PostPosted: February 2, 2015, 2:57 am 
The voice of reason

Floor tubes tacked in. That's two diagonals in the footwell and a pair of tubes under the driveshaft. I wanted only one tube under the driveshaft, but the pair looked like it was going to be easier to mount the seat belts and driveshaft hoops to. There's still some more work for the dash hoop and the important bracing under the scuttle. After that there is a pair of tubes to take the rear legs of the front suspension arms and some diagonals in the front.

Plenty to do, but well over half way now. The floor tubes with the new dash with a bulge at the bottom seems like a big milestone. I am glad I have SeattleTom's build to look at for inspiration, just seeing it further a long gives me a something to picture getting to. I need to write a response for the good suggestions you folks made for the rear suspension in Tom's build log.

Josh and I are struggling a bit trying to get Google Drive to do what we want. I have it installed on 3 machines and it keeps a folder with Car9 stuff sync'ed across all the machines. SeattleTom has access to this too. Tom do you use the GoogleDrive app and have a folder that syncs up in real time with mine or do you just use their web page to look at the drawings?

Here's a picture of this weekends fitting and welding.

PostPosted: February 2, 2015, 1:56 pm 

horizenjob wrote:
Plenty to do, but well over half way now. The floor tubes with the new dash with a bulge at the bottom seems like a big milestone. I am glad I have SeattleTom's build to look at for inspiration, just seeing it further a long gives me a something to picture getting to. I need to write a response for the good suggestions you folks made for the rear suspension in Tom's build log.
Marcus, you are making great progress with some good simplifications to the chassis design. Also nice to see a couple of my head scratchin' modifications included. Interested in your thoughts re rear LCA revisions.

Quote:
Josh and I are struggling a bit trying to get Google Drive to do what we want. I have it installed on 3 machines and it keeps a folder with Car9 stuff sync'ed across all the machines. SeattleTom has access to this too. Tom do you use the GoogleDrive app and have a folder that syncs up in real time with mine or do you just use their web page to look at the drawings?
I have a local Goggle Drive, but I don't think it syncs with the everything on the web site. I go to the web site for SU model updates and just download them as needed.

My Car9 build: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14613
"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

Ultima Spyder, Northstar 4.0, Porsche G50/52

PostPosted: February 16, 2015, 3:20 pm 
The voice of reason

Quote:
I have a local Goggle Drive, but I don't think it syncs with the everything on the web site. I go to the web site for SU model updates and just download them as needed.

We did basically figure out how to do this sharing. It seems they allow the sharing of the file from me to you but not whole folders. So when you want to do this let me know...

Some days recently progress can mean just being able to get out of the house. You know the snow is a big deal when your next storm forecast is on the BBC news website. :rofl: We got a foot a couple of days ago and there are two more snow storms forecast for later this week. You can compare the above photo with these ones. Cat seems unwilling to help :) that's my better half laughing in the snow. Then a picture of me trying to find the driveway.

Good news is the roll bars I made for Josh came out well and I'm hoping to get my car shoveled out in a little while and make a trip to UPS...

PostPosted: February 16, 2015, 5:53 pm 
Toyotaphobe

Gotten to here yet?

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: February 16, 2015, 6:34 pm 

My God!! If you can't make it to ups I completely understand. That's alot of snow. I couldn't imagine standing in your back yard.

PostPosted: February 16, 2015, 11:25 pm 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
that's my better half laughing in the snow. Then a picture of me trying to find the driveway.

"Laughing"???? You sure she ain't screaming "Get me the hell outta here!!!"
If you find that driveway, head South!
:cheers:
JDK

PostPosted: February 17, 2015, 12:12 am 
Always Moore!

Yeah, you have my pity Marcus - that looks terrible. Maybe Car9 needs a set of tracks? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: February 17, 2015, 12:21 am 

You think that's bad, JD?...This was sent to me by one of my Yooper relatives from Marquette:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=mqt&storyid=106761&source=0

But yes...If nothing else, the Yoopers are certainly an interesting breed of people that willingly choose to continue living in such a climate.

Good luck digging out, Marcus! Your pictures almost make me miss it just a little. :cheers:

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next