LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 31, 2017, 3:50 am 

it is grate to have info and help of others but without it my car will be my car. I hope I have what it takes and can keep up. thanks for the input. and i cant spelll today i had some ethanol to spare. i make my fuel when i can and add some 2stroke oil for car if you do but drink it strate for better taste. :cheers:

PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 4:28 pm 

Hahahahahahaha!

PostPosted: May 4, 2017, 4:01 am 

can i post today. have not bin able to post on this site for the last month. I have welded new motor and trans mounts for 20r. added more 1" bracing and started painting frame. hope to start brake lines this week.

ok looks like i can post text today but if i try to add picks the page goes blank and i have go back and start over.

PostPosted: August 31, 2017, 6:51 am 

This summer went fast. only did about one day of work per month on 7. I well try to spend more time on it this month. I did have a use for the 4age got a 1986 mr2 that burned 1L oil for about 10L gas. The week i got it went to autocross there was so much smoke it was like driving in fog where the course over laps haha. Then did motor swap for next race no smoke but still under powered. Next race it got smaller tires to lower gears went with 22"-9"-R15 slicks and it did ok but i still want more power. It was at 8000rpm in 2nd more than once so cant run smaller tires. It mite need a turbo to be more fun.

After driving a 4age car i am glad that my 7 well have the 20R.

more power = more fun

PostPosted: September 11, 2017, 3:10 am 

Today was good 20r and trans back in. Well stay in tell test drive i hope. dri dam spilt my beer drive shaft at shop has parts just needs me to take it home and give him size with new parts. i told him trans to diff # but he is to good for that well not make shaft because that size it is a bit off oops. In the past I have bin at the same shop and told trans to diff # what his dad liked for size, gess dad new math to make it work lol his dad made at least 5 for me with trans to dif # and 10+ for frends. The best part was he made the drive shaft i gave him for parts and sed it should be sized how he wants it "to work like this one with the bad welds" :lol: wow was his dad was good [his dad sed he made shaft tell i sed is your welder on the frits then he sed it was his son and if I snap it 2 for free, I burnt a clutch trying] :cheers:

PostPosted: October 30, 2017, 1:15 pm 

Think i can post picks now. Thanks car sick for how you upload pictures.
I well upload more but here are some pictures from this spring.

20r driver side motor mount. I am using polyurethane transmission mounts from gm rwd car.

other motor mount

side pipe

Then i pull motor and trans to full weld mounts and add bracing. It was done with frame on its side as this gave me more room to work.

Mite be overkill on the bracing but I like it.

PostPosted: November 14, 2017, 9:35 am 

Well i was going to upload more pictures form this summer and where my build is at but i brought the wrong girl home last week. The camera with all my build pictures was stolen wtf. I bought camera used ten year's ago for $50.oo and can replace it for $15 off castanet, so it was cheaper than a hooker haha.

The rest of the week went good mounted rad, new water pump, plumed coolant hoses, made alt bracket, found a belt that fits. Then started to fill rad to look for leak's, found one i forgot the temp sensor so i hookup gauges and leak stopped.

That was good but made me want to make it run, so i spent a day making throttle and a carb adapter for a carter 400cfm.

The next day was mounting fuse box and wiring key to motor, haven't decided where to mount battery yet but wanted to hear it run, so it sat on the floor next to starter. after testing key hearing 20r cranking over i filled carb with fuel by hanging a funnel [no fuel tank or pump yet] and it started first try :D.

This week i hope to get drive shaft back tell then i think i well be working on brake lines and e-break.

PostPosted: November 14, 2017, 10:24 am 

You need to rotate your camera 90°.

I'm getting a kink in my neck viewing your pics....

PostPosted: November 15, 2017, 8:48 am 

:lol: The car was on it's side. The driver's side. I did rotate the car 90° since then.