Baby steps this week, Seems like EVERYONE has been sick, including me. El-Sucko.
Fabbed the aluminum panel that will go above the battery (and passenger's feet) I will need to put a small door in it to be able to reach the battery. It can be put in place through the passenger foot-well, but there won't be good enough access through there to bolt it in and hook up the leads without hiring a gorilla.
- I started fab on the scuttle structure. I got the cart before the horse a little and painted the frame before really sorting out the scuttle. Because I have a custome width and taper to my frame commerical versions will not work.
I did have the foresight to weld in a bunch of stiff tabs with nuts so I can build the scuttle in-place but still be able to remove it when needed.
- Finished bolting in the rear Diff nose - my stock hardware wasn't long enough for my mounting method so I had to find some longer Grade 8 stuff.
- Finished the rear tranny bolts. - Hempy, I wish I would have read the transmission mounting portion of your build log before I locked myself into my method. Mine mounts from below and isn't quite as elegant as yours. Oh well, it works.
- Bought jamb nuts for all but the odd 14mm Rod Ends.
- Painted the newly fabbed fan mounts and installed them
- Painted the tapered washers for the suspension pick up points and installed the two front upper Arms -FOR THE LAST TIME... (he said in delusion...)
- AND sold the last of the Miata goods on ebay. I put starting bids @$10 an item because if I don't get at least that, it's not worth my time. So misc stuff that didn't sell will be going in the round-file. I need to de-junk my workspace! (oh I didn't sell the suspension arms yet, I figure I'll wait till the spec miata season starts up again and the weekend warriors are bending them up before I list those.)
Little by little.
Next a trip to Bolt and Nut Supply, Need:
tap/die for steering tie rod extensions,
10mm bolts for top of rear uprights,
14mm jamb nuts for lower rear uprights,
16mm jamb nuts for front upper ball joints (already bought them ONCE but cant find them, argh),
16mm steering wheel mounting nut (again an item lost in abyss)
and HOPEFULLY they have some 14mm long bolts for the lower rear uprights too (plus nuts) - could be an expensive trip.