LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 3, 2024, 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: March 29, 2024, 11:36 am 

Got a quote from danst for my manifold(2011-2015 ZX10R), $404 shipped(320 pounds). A bit expensive, wasn't expecting that, but I may go for it.

'20 Alfa Romeo Stelvio daily
Locost/442E in progress

PostPosted: March 29, 2024, 11:47 am 

tibimakai wrote:
Got a quote from danst for my manifold(2011-2015 ZX10R), $404 shipped(320 pounds). A bit expensive, wasn't expecting that, but I may go for it.

Being in the midst of doing this. I would say that it is borderline worth it if you do not have the ability to weld aluminum yourself. I would expect that if I paid someone to weld the design I made they would charge me at least 300. you add materials and the flange purchase to that, and 400 for a manifold that bolts right to your setup isn't so bad. I am considering an Argon tank and a spool gun for my mig welder since that comes in about the same as I would be charged to have it done.

PostPosted: April 15, 2024, 12:11 pm 

I have a lot of things held up currently waiting on parts I plan to make with a new CNC Plasma table I went in on with my Parents for their business. This should make a lot of pieces easier and higher quality. I really wanted to get the driveline complete in the car from engine to diff, and I got my custom driveshaft back from the shop last week, and worked on the seat mounts a bit while I waited. I decided on a clip in style harness and have a GForce 6 point in hand. Due to the very close clearances on the seat, I will have to fabricate some mounting tabs to weld onto the frame since the eye bolts that came with the harness is too bulky for the lap belts. Once I get the new machine up and running I can finish the Diff nose mount, then pull the motor and transmission back out of the car. so I can finish up the welding a bit and flip the frame over to get some of the underside panels fitted. I am excited about cutting some of those pannels out on the new plasma table and the many other parts that will come out of that machine.

We Got a Langmuir Crossfire Pro CNC plasma table with a Razorcut 45 CNC plamsa machine. I still need to get a 60 gal compressor and to have the electrician finish the 240v wiring to the back patio where my 20w laser already lives.

After I pull the motor and transmission out, I want to finally get the suspension done so I can move towards a roller. Just depends if I want to get some paint or floor on the frame before I do the suspension.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 2, 2024, 3:17 pm 

She's coming along nicely!

PostPosted: May 2, 2024, 3:26 pm 

Thanks. I have been in a bit of a holding pattern the last month while I catch up on house maintinance and getting the new CNC plasma table set up and dialed in. Having the CNC is going to make so much more possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11