LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 17, 2024, 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 844 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
PostPosted: November 15, 2019, 1:07 pm 

Don't care what the Boss says, you alright!

Thom

PostPosted: November 16, 2019, 11:03 am 

Yes, thank you for your efforts, Dave.

I'm with Bill (BHRmotorsport). Now is an excellent time to see if we can offload this responsibility from you to the staff of a web hosting organization. You shouldn't have to worry about backups & restoring the site or solving day to day issues of hosting.

I'd like to suggest that those of us who use the site frequently, voluntarily pay a yearly fee to get the site hosted by a suitable hosting/management organization. Let the less frequent users pay what they can and wish to pay, if anything. If there is a shortfall, then we can do a fundraising to make up the difference.

Thoughts? I'm going to cross post this to the site donations thread too. That's a better place to discuss this as not everyone will see things in this build log.

Cheers,

Lonnie

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: November 16, 2019, 12:03 pm 

I have to agree with everything that's been said here in the last few days. Thank you, Dave! So very much!!!

I also agree with Lonnie's post. That definitely sounds like an idea worth pursuing.

PostPosted: November 16, 2019, 12:04 pm 

Lonnie, I totally agree. I would suggest some alternative to your payment scheme. I would give free access to all new members for 1 year. Let people get familiar and comfortable with the site. There is a lot to digest. Not only the information available, but the character of the place. Perhaps they will already have started a build log by then. Then after 1 year, ask them to subscribe at whatever level they feel is comfortable. Make a few suggested levels. And include an option to auto-renew at the same level. After a few years, we can decide if that scheme works or if we need to modify it. Certainly if it doesn't work, Dave, or someone else can request further emergency operating expenses from the group. As of today, we have had a total of 7715 registered members over the years. I have no idea how many of them have logged in during the last year. Perhaps Dave can figure out if that is a workable financial plan.

This is one of the few sites that I frequent where there is no bickering or putting down of others ideas. That is saying something. Especially when we have grown from discussing traditional book Locost's to virtually every type of homemade vehicle. And even some resto-mods. That is a wide variety of goals to be covering without getting someone's undies in a bunch. Well done group!

Dave, we are not trying to run you out of town. Really. If there is a way to learn from this recent problem and prevent further errors without having to make big changes, then by all means, let's do so. :cheers: :cheers:

I am also cross posting this to the site donations thread.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: November 17, 2019, 3:28 pm 

rx7locost wrote:
This is one of the few sites that I frequent where there is no bickering or putting down of others ideas.
That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

PS--Chuck, yo mama plays cello.

PostPosted: November 18, 2019, 8:20 am 

I agree, Jack!, Mr Chuck nailed it :D
Davew

PostPosted: November 18, 2019, 8:42 am 
We are Slotus!

JackMcCornack wrote:
That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Attachment:
Cut You.jpg
Don't you talk about Chuck's Mama! I will cut you wide, deep and continous-LEE!!! [ :rofl: ]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: November 18, 2019, 12:47 pm 

Thanks for sticking up for me guys. I think Jack was being facetious. Weren't you Jack? Surely you were. Jack? If you was serious about that, then go suck eggs! :mrgreen: :rofl:

Just kidding of course. We love you Jack. :cheers:

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: November 19, 2019, 5:11 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
JackMcCornack wrote:
rx7locost wrote:
I think Jack was being facetious.
It was a typo. I wrote "Yo Mama plays cello" when what I really meant was "Yo-Yo Ma plays cello." I could blame it on autocorrect, but I think it was just my fat fingers playing tricks on me.

PostPosted: November 19, 2019, 7:50 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Attachment:
Cut You.jpg

Hey, it's *the* Bruce Dickinson! And he wants more cowbell!

PostPosted: November 20, 2019, 10:25 am 

JackMcCornack wrote:
It was a typo. I wrote "Yo Mama plays cello" when what I really meant was "Yo-Yo Ma plays cello." I could blame it on autocorrect, but I think it was just my fat fingers playing tricks on me.
:D :mrgreen: :cheers:

PostPosted: May 13, 2020, 1:51 pm 

dhempy wrote:
This is why I have that big, ugly windshield frame: http://www.rhein-zeitung.de/region_arti ... mwiIGSrRaE

The article happily reports that the driver's face stopped inches before the guard rail wiped his nose, and that he was relatively uninjured. Close call!

Hi

Whats the height of the space under that barrier?

Bull bars anyone? :-)

PostPosted: May 14, 2023, 11:36 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

Last year, I dusted the car off for the first time in several years and drove with gusto down to the drive-in malt shop, a mile away. It overheated.

I drank my malt, dawdled for an hour, topped the reservoir off with water, and drove home without gusto, and parked it in the garage. I planned on looking into it, but I guess I didn’t.

This week, my boys (two years younger than the car) helped me install a new battery and top off not just the bottle but the whole radiator. It fired right up and we backed it out, where it promptly dumped all its fluid.

Looks like the radiator probably froze and exploded. Water pours out of the fins as fast as the hose filled it.

So, $60 later eBay is sending me another no-name ‘94 Civic radiator. Odd that none of the national parts stores carry them.

I have high hopes of actually installing it this summer, despite flying season in full swing. We’ll see…

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: May 14, 2023, 11:41 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

Damn…his thread is 15 years old! How the hell did that happen? No, really… :shock:

My kids are 12. My marriage 20. Flying 30. Driving 40. Breathing 50. What the hell is going on around here?

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway

PostPosted: May 14, 2023, 11:45 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

In other news, here’s the latest project to sneak onto my trailer…

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 844 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next