LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
PostPosted: May 28, 2016, 3:53 pm 

Getting out there every day is more than just "something". It's everything! These are projects that most people wouldn't have the cajones to tackle even in perfect physical health.
I had back surgery for a fractured vertebra and herniated disk at 25, still have 3 herniated disks, tears in both shoulders (not rotator, thank God), tears in both elbows, so I can empathize. It is way too easy to say "I'll go out there when I feel better", and that eventually turns into weeks, months, years... Been there. It's good that you are keeping at it. Even if it is only to measure, layout, rethink something. It's an accomplishment no matter what. Keep at it, it looks great so far.

PostPosted: May 28, 2016, 9:01 pm 

Yup, keep plugging away at it and all of a sudden one day you'll realize that you've built yourself a car. I still sometimes can't believe I've actually got mine done.
Kristian

PostPosted: May 30, 2016, 8:18 am 

No work over the weekend due to the threat of rain. Not to mention the holiday so the shop is closed. We still have a backyard building to erect, but again. Threat of rain.
For 3 years I have been hunting for a 390 CFM holley 4 bbl. I finally found one on ebay yesterday. He had $179 OBO on it. I offered $120 and got it. Another $50 for a rebuild kit and I have the correct size for my engine. That is kind of exciting.

Today is Memorial day. I have some military friends I have lost. So a couple friends and I are going to go put holes in paper and make some tannerite dirt clouds.

Taking out my homemade, home machined lower, custom made barrel by one of my clients AR15
My grips and butt plate are even home made

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 30, 2016, 11:23 pm 

Obviously, Booth could have been several theaters over and made the shot with your rifle.

PostPosted: June 1, 2016, 7:19 pm 

Went to go work on the car today. I had a plan. I wanted to machine the suspension spacers for the rear.

Ended up cutting out square tubing Dan has put where the scuttle goes and using a conduit bender to try my hand at bending tubing.

Paul decided to be an @$$ and take a picture of me checking the height and text it to my wife. I need new friends.

Did not get done what I planned but I am happy that I got this framework somewhat knocked out. I still need to make braces and a bottom support to make the frame removable. I feel it was a good day doing alot of things I had never done before and almost catching my self on fire with cut off wheel sparks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by WAX on October 24, 2016, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 1, 2016, 9:04 pm 

Friends like that, who needs enemies....besides, whats wrong with a little spittle on the car or yourself??

PostPosted: June 1, 2016, 10:41 pm 
Toyotaphobe

WAX wrote:
checking the height

I've got to remember that one. Sounds like you were actually doing something and ought to fool the uninitiated.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: June 2, 2016, 8:31 am 
We are Slotus!

Bubba liked your picture, but he didn't understand the comments.
When I 'splained that "spittle" meant the same as "slobber" he looked puzzled and said "Whut's wrong wif dat?"
I was at a loss as to how to explain it to him... :mrgreen:

:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: June 2, 2016, 10:03 am 

Was the safety selector NOT on safe??
I lost a few too!

PostPosted: June 2, 2016, 7:53 pm 

Got a little more work done today. No pictures because its non visual progress.

Got the dash hoops reinforced a bit.
Got the spacers for the rear suspension cut and everything bolted in.
I also got the rear end bearings and seals on order and new brake hardware coming as well.
Test drive wont be long....... I hope.

PostPosted: June 3, 2016, 5:17 pm 

Did some cutting, some welding and some dash template work. This is a test piece to get an idea.
A little at a time. Just keep on working.

Got a speedway box today. 2 radiator hoses, a coolant surge tank and a light switch. I love speedway boxes.

PostPosted: June 4, 2016, 11:26 pm 

Stuff for next week.

PostPosted: June 16, 2016, 10:24 pm 

Today was one of those trying days. I had to walk away from the car a couple times.
First I destroyed the rear wheel bearings trying to get them out. Finally got them out with the trick of running a small weld inside the race. Letting it cool a bit then it came right out.

Then it was on to installing the new rear brake hardware. That was not fun as I am apparently missing E brake cable attachments inside the drums. So all of that will have to come back off at some point.
Then it was onto the Diff cover, apparently I ordered the wrong gasket, so yeah, that didnt get finished either.

I think the only thing I got done that does not need to come back off are the wheel bearings and seals. I do think I will have to replace the right axle as there is a significant step where the wheel bearing is. May just weld it up and turn it.

Ohh yeah, radiator hoses dont fit either. ARRGGGHHHH.......

PostPosted: June 17, 2016, 8:17 am 

Houston we have a problem :ack:
I know how you feel. It only took me 5 hours to pull just one of my axle shafts and screw up the bearing :BH:
Dave W

PostPosted: June 19, 2016, 9:30 am 

Great use of a Camaro back seat, I wish I could use mine likewise. About the outer wheel bearings in that axle, you're at the point where a c clip eliminator kit would be just the thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next