I know I say this over and over, but I really am awful at updating. No pictures, since I feel like I haven't done anything worth taking a picture of. I've "finished" the wiring, installed the driveshaft, halfshafts, filled the brakes (I can't believe nothing leaked!), buttoned down all the wiring and hoses, and a bunch of other details for the barebones of what's needed to drive the thing. If I could get the thing started, I am torquing down the axles nuts and filling the diff with oil away from taking a very illegal spin around the neighborhood!
I put quotes around "finished" the wiring because I think there's an electrical issue preventing the engine from starting (and also the taillights have not been mounted). If you don't venture over to the Bike Engined Builds much, you wouldn't have seen my thread on not being able to get the engine started. Here's the full thread:viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14946
If you want the cliff notes, the engine cranks, I have spark, but no fuel. Fuel is getting as far as the fuel rail with pressure. I rented a set of Noid lights from Autozone, and if I am using them correctly, they are telling me the ECU is not sending a signal to the injectors to fire. I have a feeling there's something amiss in the starting logic that is telling the ECU to not provide fuel. If you know ANYTHING about trying to get a bike engined car to start, PLEASE kindly venture over to the above thread and see if you have any insight.
Once I get this thing running, I promise I'll provide a full update with pictures and details on the driveshafts and halfshafts and whatnot. And hopefully a video!
Edit: I lied! I have one picture of the baffle plate installed in the engine. I got my baffle plate from Jonathan Rarity in the UK. His responses were very prompt, and shipping was surprisingly cheap and quick considering it came from across the pond. The plate also fit perfectly...no filing or modifications were necessary. High recommended. http://www.rarity.freeserve.co.uk/Sump_Baffles.htm
Surprising I couldn't find a supplier in the states, but oh well.
While I had the engine out of the car, I also did the double diaphragm spring mod to the clutch. You just stack another diaphragm spring on top of the existing, and it (supposedly) improves the clamping strength of the clutch, eliminating clutch slip.