LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: April 8, 2019, 3:57 pm 

I second what all the other guys said. Good going!

PostPosted: April 9, 2019, 12:14 am 

GonzoRacer wrote:
as Perry said, it was a fun day and it realllly doesn't matter that much if I'm the fastest guy there or not

Yep thats right, when I get together with my (old) school buddies, we all laugh and agree on the fun stuff we did (and slap each other on the back for staying outta jail), then we argue who won or lost whatever cause we can't really recall :rofl:

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: April 9, 2019, 6:23 am 
We are Slotus!

benny_toe wrote:
I second what all the other guys said. Good going!
Thanks, Larry!

Hey Perry, remember that time... With the weed eater... And the electric fence... :mrgreen:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: April 9, 2019, 2:57 pm 

Had a friend back when large parties out in pastures were all the rage, that pea'd on an electric fence. An experience he will never forget.

PostPosted: April 10, 2019, 6:42 am 
We are Slotus!

Hey Larry! I bet he never did that again! I would have had to give him some new nick-name like "Flash" or "Lightning" or "Electro-[Richard]" or something... :rofl:

Quote:
"Fix the Damn Tach!"
After giving the shop a good sweeping and re-arranging some of my junk on Monday I unloaded the car yesterday. Got out my trusty test light and checked the power going to the tach. It was good. Checked continuity on the ground wire with my meter, also good. Continuity on the signal wire, good. James suggested hooking up the test light on the signal wire and rolling the motor over -ignition on- and looking for flashes as the coil fired. Did that, and the engine fired off immediately and the light lit up and... The tach was working!

On the up-side, I don't have to buy a new tach. On the down-side, I don't know what was wrong or what I did to fix anything. :mrgreen: :BH:

Lonnie, maybe you should check with "Voodoo Guy" and ask if he's been sticking pins in a small tachometer doll... :mrgreen:

Peace, Love and "Electro" --
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: April 10, 2019, 3:43 pm 

It can be puzzling when the damn things just heal themselves. If you don't fix it yourself you never know when it might un-heal itself.

PostPosted: April 10, 2019, 7:04 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
... Got out my trusty test light and checked the power going to the tach. It was good. Checked continuity on the ground wire with my meter, also good. Continuity on the signal wire, good. James suggested hooking up the test light on the signal wire and rolling the motor over -ignition on- and looking for flashes as the coil fired. Did that, and the engine fired off immediately and the light lit up and... The tach was working!
Hmmm, JD, you didn't reuse any of the Lucas wires from your MG days did ya? By fiddling around testing you could have reconnected some of the smoke hiding under the insulation and got a signal to go through. At least until you're back at the track...

My Car9 build: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14613
"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

Ultima Spyder, Northstar 4.0, Porsche G50/52

PostPosted: April 10, 2019, 9:35 pm 

seattletom wrote:
GonzoRacer wrote:
... Got out my trusty test light and checked the power going to the tach. It was good. Checked continuity on the ground wire with my meter, also good. Continuity on the signal wire, good. James suggested hooking up the test light on the signal wire and rolling the motor over -ignition on- and looking for flashes as the coil fired. Did that, and the engine fired off immediately and the light lit up and... The tach was working!
Hmmm, JD, you didn't reuse any of the Lucas wires from your MG days did ya? By fiddling around testing you could have reconnected some of the smoke hiding under the insulation and got a signal to go through. At least until you're back at the track...

So now the tach works by smoke signals?

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: April 11, 2019, 7:22 am 
We are Slotus!

rx7locost wrote:
seattletom wrote:

So now the tach works by smoke signals?

Smoke signal from Tach say, "You rev-um past 7 number, you walk-um home." Oh myyyy... That's Non-PC, even by Team Slotus standards... :rofl:

It's an Auto-Meter, not a Smith's gauge... But it was in the MGB for several years. (8 or 10 years? I'm kinda surprised it still works at all, really.) It might have picked up some bad habits from it's old neighborhood. :mrgreen:

And yes, I'm expecting it to work perfectly. Until I go to the track. Murphy's Law...

:cheers:
JDK

PostPosted: April 11, 2019, 11:30 am 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Oh myyyy... That's Non-PC, even by Team Slotus standards... :rofl:

WOW!!! A "Non-PC Zone"! Hooray!!! :yay: :agree: :yay:

PostPosted: April 12, 2019, 9:39 pm 
We are Slotus!

ngpmike wrote:
WOW!!! A "Non-PC Zone"! Hooray!!! :yay: :agree: :yay:
Dude! We ain't nuttin' but non-PC 'round here! :mrgreen:

Peace, Love & "F&$% 'Em If They Can't Take a Joke!"
JDK

PostPosted: April 16, 2019, 12:39 am 

Hey JD, by any chance are you planning on going racing the week-end of May 18/19? I'm gonna be in FL at Mickey Ville that week and I'd be mighty tempted to come watch you if you were going to be anywhere nearby and I was able to finagle a day pass from my wife. Bill

PostPosted: April 16, 2019, 8:11 am 
We are Slotus!

BHRmotorsport wrote:
Hey JD, by any chance are you planning on going racing the week-end of May 18/19? I'm gonna be in FL at Mickey Ville that week and I'd be mighty tempted to come watch you if you were going to be anywhere nearby and I was able to finagle a day pass from my wife. Bill
Hi Bill! As luck would have it, our local autocross that month is on the 12th, in Moultrie GA. AND, May 19 is TWWTFM's birthday and we have a reservation at St. George Island state park to RV-camp that weekend. How-some-ever, it seems like a real shame to miss the opportunity to shake your hand and perhaps have dinner or something. PM me your schedule, as in when you arrive, where you're staying, etc and maybe we can meet in the middle some time that week. (Don Garlits museum in Ocala?)
:cheers:
JDK

PostPosted: April 16, 2019, 2:28 pm 

Hey, JD. I think I stumbled upon a car with an aero package you and Marcus might like. It looks like you could cut a little corn with it in the off season too, and maybe make some quick tire money.

Here ==> https://codylovelandracing.com/beastie-hatch

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: April 17, 2019, 6:21 am 
We are Slotus!

Hi Lonnie-
Oh yeah, Cody Loveland's Beastie... I'm "friends" with him on FaceBook, don't really know him. He builds some wild things, runs -or tries to run- them at Pike's Peak and some other places. (He did something to PO the folks at Pike's Peak a couple years ago and didn't get to run the "Enviate" car he mentioned.) There's lots of interesting aero goodies on that car. And lots of wind tunnel and computer modelling time. And lots of carbon fiber. And lots of $$$. Yes, I'm jealous... :mrgreen:

Not much corn around here. But I could use it to chop cotton... Thanks for posting that Bro!

Peace, Love and Bo' Weevils-
JDK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288 ... 316  Next