LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: January 2, 2019, 10:32 am 
We are Slotus!

Team Slotus Update:

I think I already told y'all about putting up the new lights. After that, I did Santa Claus stuff...

I rebuilt and painted a play house TWWTFM bought from a FaceBook marketplace ad. It was pretty ugly, but nothing a disassembly, drill some drain holes, clean outside and in with chlorox-water and then re-paint and assemble with all new stainless hardware couldn't fix. That was for JJ's Christmas.

Also delivered and assembled a swing set for JT's Christmas. That took a bit more effort, as it was a lot bigger than the play house. No painting was involved, however, so I didn't get to showcase my ability to create runs and drips like I did with the other.

And then I installed and partially wired a winch in the floor of the trailer, so I can pull the DogAss Slotus in instead of trusting my reaction time, the brakes and clutch to get the thang in there without running over TWWTFM. I haven't quite figured out the way to connect the battery to the pigtail for the trailer to get the 12V from the truck connected to the battery in the trailer. More on that later, as I continue to mess with it...

So, you're asking with breathless anticipation, what did you do to the Slotus? Nuthin... Been doing all this other stuff... Stay tuned...

Happy 2019, Y'all!
:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: January 2, 2019, 11:05 am 

Likewise, here's wishing you and yours a Very Happy 2019 and zero DNF's for Team Slotus.

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: January 2, 2019, 11:38 am 

Attachment:
midgetwrestling.PNG
GonzoRacer wrote:
... it was more of a midget wrestling extravaganza...
JDK

Someone mention midget wrestling?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by ngpmike on February 13, 2020, 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: January 2, 2019, 12:59 pm 
We are Slotus!

Ha! Good one, Mike! But, not that kind of midgets... More like THIS kind:
Attachment:
JT Ain't Buying What JJ Is Selling.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: January 2, 2019, 2:16 pm 

ngpmike wrote:
GonzoRacer wrote:
... it was more of a midget wrestling extravaganza...
JDK

Someone mention midget wrestling?

Not to be confused with "mini-sprint" but I digress.

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: January 3, 2019, 1:33 am 

If you have a standard seven-pin trailer plug as required for trailer brakes, and it is wired properly, the Red wire at the top is for charging your battery from the truck.

Post subject: !
PostPosted: January 3, 2019, 5:33 pm 
Toyotaphobe

RichardSIA wrote:
If you have a standard seven-pin trailer plug as required for trailer brakes, and it is wired properly, the Red wire at the top is for charging your battery from the truck.

WAIT! You said Standard when talking about JD. Don't you know by now that he does nothing standard?!

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

Post subject: Re: !
PostPosted: January 3, 2019, 8:25 pm 

carguy123 wrote:
RichardSIA wrote:

WAIT! You said Standard when talking about JD. Don't you know by now that he does nothing standard?!

I think Richard meant to say "Team Slotus Standard"(TSS), which by definition is anything that Team Slotus does. But then TSS is, by any other definition, not standard I guess. Honestly, I get a bit confused when I come to this thread. That's why I keep following it. I'll have another round bartender!

JD, Them are some good looking midgets you got there. Obviously they take after TWWTFM's side and their other grandparents.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: January 4, 2019, 7:40 am 
We are Slotus!

Mornin' Y'all-

Happy 2019, evva-boddy! Did I say that already? Oh well, Happy New Year again then!

Lonnie, I will drink to "No DNFs" with anything that is pouring! As will Chuck, apparently... See above... :mrgreen: Mike, is there a follow up to the midget racing picture with the fist-fight that happened next? :rofl:

@Richard- Thanks for the info, Sir! Yes, I have a round 7-pin connector on truck and trailer. I had looked up a wiring diagram online after (!!!) I messed around with it and saw that the upper (usually a red wire) pin is the 12V feed to the auxilliary battery as you said.

@David- We here at Team Slotus hold ourselves to the same high expectations of quality and excellence as the Navy Submarine Corps. Yep, we are "Sub Standard" in all things... :roll:

@Chuck- HA! Well said, Sir! Next round is on me. I always insist that JJ got her blue eyes and curly hair from me. (Never mind that her dad -Earl- has blue eyes and half his family has curly hair.) TWWTFM says JT has my outlook on life because he'll eat absolutely anything and he goes full-tilt all the time, running into stuff, climbing over stuff, falling off of stuff and never stops. I guess that's good... Maybe? But they are cute little Goobers, aren't they?

:cheers:
Peace, Love and "Goobers"-
JDK

PostPosted: January 4, 2019, 8:42 am 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Mike, is there a follow up to the midget racing picture with the fist-fight that happened next?

No fist-fight pics. Think I've got one of the scattering side-liners cleaning out their BVDs! :ack:

PostPosted: January 4, 2019, 12:17 pm 
Toyotaphobe

JD or is it Extra Special Standard?

I can explain it to you,

PostPosted: January 22, 2019, 7:52 pm 

i seem to remember that there was a competition where you had to throw a midget as far as you could, yes real midgets as in small humans.

but we in it shall be remembered.

PostPosted: January 22, 2019, 8:24 pm 

Mike Royko used to write about dwarf tossing contests that supposedly occurred occasionally in neighborhood Chicago bars.

PostPosted: January 23, 2019, 12:10 am 
Toyotaphobe

There is still a bar near me that has midget tossing and midget wrestling at least once a month.

I can explain it to you,

PostPosted: January 23, 2019, 8:10 am 
We are Slotus!

Yo, Team Slotus!
I love this group and this build log. I leave for a day or two, come back, and find a discussion of "Dwarf Tossing" and "Midget Wrestling" going on... You guys have a couple of screws loose... That's why we all fit in so well!

Earl and I have been discussing the rear suspension of the Slotus and the "loose" condition it seems to be plagued with. He's thinking some trailing arms from the chassis back to the rear LCAs might help with the anti-squat, weight transfer and get better launch off the corners. Might even morph into a full-blown 4-link.

If y'all have concluded the dwarf tossin' discussion (I think we should meet at that bar near Carguy), what does anybody think? Possible good idea? Not a good idea? Something to do, regardless? The trailing arms/4-link thing, I mean. (I'm SURE that all of us going to the bar in Texas with midget tossing is a bad idea. When do y'all want to go?)

Peace, Love and Dwarf Tossing-
JDK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 316  Next