LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 19, 2024, 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: March 23, 2018, 11:38 am 

Dismantalus wrote:
Also known as the "weldor"! :wink:

Wow, you had to go WAY back for that one![/quote]

What can I say... I'm old! :wink:

PostPosted: March 23, 2018, 2:20 pm 
The voice of reason

Geez, I thought I was doing well not to say welderer. Guess I have to keep working on it.

Really glad to see JD's unit back in operation. :twisted:

If you decide to lube it again, I think a drop of mineral oil (like from the supermarket), is the right thing.

PostPosted: March 23, 2018, 2:48 pm 

Marcus said "Really glad to see JD's unit back in operation." Too many bad things fill my minds eye. I can't un-see them, ever! Thanks for my daily chuckle.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :cheers:

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: March 23, 2018, 3:43 pm 
The voice of reason

Well, the thing to take away from this is that lubrication is key.

I may have to go back to drawing pictures with rocks on a wall. Using my words is just confusing....

PostPosted: March 23, 2018, 10:10 pm 
Toyotaphobe

horizenjob wrote:

If you decide to lube it again, I think a drop of mineral oil (like from the supermarket), is the right thing.

JD I think he just cut you to the quick. ;-)

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: March 24, 2018, 1:41 am 
The voice of reason

Quote:

Actually that's my serious suggestion. Much better than just grabbing something like motor oil. JD said he used silicone spray, which is probably good stuff. Regular mineral oil is highly purified stuff and no things like detergents that attract water or things that gum up over time.

PostPosted: March 26, 2018, 11:01 am 
We are Slotus!

Gentlemen-
The welder is still functioning just fine-and-dandy. That silicone spray is supposed to be a "cleaner" alternative to WD-40 or 3-in-1 Oil or the like. If I open the welder up again, I might go with mineral oil as suggested. Even with the "straw" attachment, the spray lubricant tends to go a lot further than intended. A dropper would be much neater.

Carguy/David, not sure I understand your comment... Are you making some reference to what's in MY pants? Told you no, I ain't that type and there you go... AGAIN! Stop it! Go hit on some other guy... :rofl:

:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: March 26, 2018, 12:09 pm 

Had a problem with a water pump station a year or so ago that was similar. A bunch of heat trace wasn't working and pumps weren't running and I got to figure it out. Turns out the little 120V AC induction motor fan in the electric heater for one of the buildings had the bushings gummed up with oil and dust. The heater drew too much power and it was enough to pop a 15A fuse on the 600V feed to the 3 phase power transformer for the whole site. A little clean and lube and good as new.
Kristian

PostPosted: March 26, 2018, 11:34 pm 
Toyotaphobe

Don't look at me, I didn't say it!!

I just quoted it out of context

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: April 7, 2018, 7:57 am 
We are Slotus!

Public Service Announcement-
If you are re-building an upper control arm and moving the br@cket ends over not quite 1/16th inch to remove the side load on the bushing it attaches to in order to get rid of the bind... Be SURE, absolutely, positively, 100% dead-certain SURE that the control arm is right side up when you weld on the new bits.

Otherwise, you will attempt to fit it all back together and discover that it won't go together at all. Well, maybe if you used a long pry bar... No, scratch that, it won't go together at all. Because, dear readers, since it was face down when the new br@cket was attached you have now DOUBLED the offset error instead of removing it.

There are no pictures because I was totally preoccupied with beating the control arm with a wrench and cursing.

That is all, you may now resume your normal activities. I think I'll go outside and curse that control arm some more.

Peace, Love and That #@^&)*! Control Arm-
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: April 7, 2018, 4:07 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
I turned it off and back on a few times, things continued to work.
In my living will, I've left instructions that, if I'm comatose and dependent on being hooked to medial equipment to survive, I want them to unplug me. Then plug me back in, and see if that works; hey, sometimes it works on my PC, it's worth a try...

PostPosted: April 8, 2018, 7:28 am 
We are Slotus!

JackMcCornack wrote:
In my living will, I've left instructions that, if I'm comatose and dependent on being hooked to medial equipment to survive, I want them to unplug me. Then plug me back in, and see if that works; hey, sometimes it works on my PC, it's worth a try...
Hi Jack! (Don't say that on an airplane...) Good to hear from you. I don't have a living will, but I think I'll write one, just so I can steal that line! :rofl:

:cheers:
JDK

PostPosted: April 8, 2018, 9:58 am 

I told my wifey, Karen, that if I go before her that she write out a check to me for one million dollars and put it in my pocket. That way I will have gone out a millionaire............... :cheers:

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: April 13, 2018, 8:52 pm 

the words "hi jack" and followed by "airplane "?

where there's a will there's a way, i'm going to leave all my stuff to the government because they have been trying to get their hands on everything i own most of my life.

JD i'm still coming, don't give up on me, stuff keeps getting in the way.

two weeks ago i said i was going to Florida in two weeks but i'm still here, just can't escape!

but we in it shall be remembered.

PostPosted: April 14, 2018, 8:42 am 
We are Slotus!

john hennessy wrote:
where there's a will there's a way, i'm going to leave all my stuff to the government because they have been trying to get their hands on everything i own most of my life.
Good mornin' Mr. H! Do you know the difference between a prostitute and the IRS? (Wait for it...) A prostitute will quit screwing you when you die.

We're still here, awaiting your arrival whenever it happens. Just let me know you're coming and we can meet you in Marianna and maybe help out for a weekend at the prospective new home. Or at least buy you lunch. Or something... :mrgreen:

Hey Perry! You might better have Karen write the million dollar check on some kind of asbestos sheet instead of paper. Fire proof, doncha know... :twisted:

Peace, Love and "See ya when you get here!"-
JDK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248 ... 316  Next