LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: May 3, 2017, 5:21 pm 

Lonnie-S wrote:
Uh, I guess this means she can't get away from you any longer? Has she started to tell you, "I've heard that joke before", yet?
No need for her to be laid up in a cast for 6 weeks just for that to happen, as that's pretty much the definition of marriage. :shock:

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: May 3, 2017, 5:23 pm 
We are Slotus!

wrightcomputing wrote:
I see the ban has been lifted :lol: . Good to have you back JD
Thanks, Paul! Did y'all miss me??? [Chorus of voices] "With every bullet so far!"

:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 7, 2017, 7:48 am 
We are Slotus!

Well, the problem isn't fixed... Some days I can post, some days I can't. Don't know what's wrong...

Been working on the steering a bit, converting from "Armstrong" to power. Got the power rack, but had to order some new U-joints and splice the shaft a bit. Still working on acquiring a pump and other such stuff.

While I was fiddling with the new rack and stuff, I decided to add a bushing at the dashboard, so as to get rid of the "wobble" that you could feel in the steering wheel. I knew abso-F'ing-lutely that it wasn't gonna come off, but it did kinda wiggle side to side. It worried some of my co-pilots. So, I did this:
Attachment:
05 05 17 Steering Improvement.jpg

OK, let's see if this is a good day or if I just wasted my time typing all this drivel...

Peace, Love and "403 FORBIDDEN"
JDK

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 7, 2017, 8:00 am 
We are Slotus!

And, on my second post of the day...
Attachment:
403.JPG
When I get this, I can hit the "back" button and go back to the page where I wrote the comment. Then I can hit "Submit" again and sometimes it will go through. (Like this one.) Sometimes I have to do the "Back" and "Submit" thing three or four times before it works. Other times, when I hit "Back" and then "Submit" it just sits there until it times out and I lose connection with the forum altogether. I don't have a clue what the problem is... DAMMIT!!! :evil:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 8, 2017, 11:37 am 

"403 Forbidden" ???

I don't know of anyone who has ever received that message, JD. It looks like the Locost.USA server is on to you!

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: May 10, 2017, 12:29 pm 
We are Slotus!

Lonnie-S wrote:
"403 Forbidden" ??? I don't know of anyone who has ever received that message, JD. It looks like the Locost.USA server is on to you!
It's them damned Russians again!!! :evil:

PostPosted: May 11, 2017, 11:57 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
It's them damned Russians again!!!

I think that's a mistake JD.
If you recall your history lessons way back in the 60's I believe it has to do something with the Chinese government protecting their women and their goats from being seen on the future www.
You know, Team Slotus is global so all nations are aware......................

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: May 12, 2017, 11:40 am 
Toyotaphobe

But Chinese food is way better than Russian food. As a matter of fact I think the food is why the Russians can get so testy sometimes. And JD keeps posting about food so . . .

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: May 20, 2017, 7:58 am 
We are Slotus!

carguy123 wrote:
But Chinese food is way better than Russian food. As a matter of fact I think the food is why the Russians can get so testy sometimes. And JD keeps posting about food so . . .
What? You don't like to eat?

So, the power steering rack is installed, mostly... I got to do some surgery on the ends, shorten them a bit. I think. More measuring and pondering (and probably some butt-scratching) is in order. I'll get back to y'all on that. Oh, and some pictures, I gotta get pictures. (Pictures of any personal butt scratching activities will NOT be forthcoming...)

Speaking of food... Yesterday was TWWTFM's birthday, so we're having a dozen or so folks (including BOTH grand chilluns!) over for dinner tonight. Earl is making his nearly-famous baked beans, I'm grilling some pork chops (some teriyaki marinated, some in "Dale's", a local fave and maybe some in Carolina Treet BBQ), TWWTFM is gonna make her Mac-N-Cheese and so on and so forth. Oughta be a fun time, y'all come on down!

Peace, Love and Pork Chops-
JDK

PostPosted: May 20, 2017, 8:06 am 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
I believe it has to do something with the Chinese government protecting their women and their goats
Ya think this might all be backlash over the Nearly Naked Chinese Chick??? OMG, what have I done!?!?!? :BH: (Actually, Cheapracer posted that one... I did look at 3,786,432 times, but he posted it...)

Never tried Chinese goat... Never!!! Not as a food source nor a companion for the evening!!! Mostly because they're too damned far away, but still, I never did none o' that stuff! Not guilty, Yer Honor! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 20, 2017, 9:15 am 

Well, please pass on a belated "Happy Birthday" to TWWTFM for me. That celebration meals all sounds good to me - all low-cal, I'm sure. :mrgreen:

So, you gots power steering, eh? Pretty upscale for a Locost.

Cheers,

P.S. What ever happened to Cheapy? My working theory is that the Chinese Government put him into one of those re-education camps and it's just taking a long time to get him "straightened out."

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: May 21, 2017, 12:57 pm 
We are Slotus!

Lonnie-S wrote:
Well, please pass on a belated "Happy Birthday" to TWWTFM for me. That celebration meals all sounds good to me - all low-cal, I'm sure. :mrgreen:
So, you gots power steering, eh? Pretty upscale for a Locost.
Cheers,

P.S. What ever happened to Cheapy? My working theory is that the Chinese Government put him into one of those re-education camps and it's just taking a long time to get him "straightened out."
Hi Lonnie! I'll pass that along to TWWTFM as soon as she finishes singing lullabies to little Jamie, our grand daughter. (Jamie's parents are at an autocross today.)

Dinner was a success, we also had some "acre peas" cooked with a chunk of salt pork, a big salad with all kinds of healthy stuff in it and three or four kinds of pie afterwards. I hate you missed it, but iffen y'all are ever over in this part of the world, I promise we'll do it again! (Maybe better...)

I wonder about Cheapy's whereabouts and condition as well. I hope he's doing OK.

Oh, yeah, power steering... I was strong-armed into it, if you'll pardon the expression. :mrgreen: The car is really hard to turn at paddock speeds. HamDip struggles to get it into the parking spot in grid. I can manage it, but I'm a big ol' boy. James and I have discussed whether the heavy steering, even if I don't notice it at speed, doesn't slow down my inputs on course. I don't know if it does, but after talking about it with several folks that have front-engine V8 cars, I'm gonna give it a try. Mostly because of HamDip griping and Earl lobbying for it. I'm still scrounging up mounting br@ckets (EEEK! I said that word! :ack: ) and hoses and fittings, but all the big pieces are here. Stay tuned... When I overcorrect and drive thru the concession stand at our next event, you'll know what happened. (Or, I just REALLY wanted a hot dog...)

I could use a lullaby myself, it's nap time!
JDK

PostPosted: May 21, 2017, 1:11 pm 
The voice of reason

JD, what did you do to connect your IRS uprights to the control arms? Do you still have the rubber bushing in there? I'm asking because the other day I noticed that Steeda is making spherical bearing kits for Ford axles that replace bushings. If you still have an in at Steeda, perhaps they would make something like that to fit the IRS uprights and replace those bushings. I've seen another place that offers that but I think the Steeda parts could be much cheaper, the fixed axle parts were definately affordable.

PostPosted: May 21, 2017, 1:42 pm 
We are Slotus!

horizenjob wrote:
JD, what did you do to connect your IRS uprights to the control arms? Do you still have the rubber bushing in there? I'm asking because the other day I noticed that Steeda is making spherical bearing kits for Ford axles that replace bushings. If you still have an in at Steeda, perhaps they would make something like that to fit the IRS uprights and replace those bushings. I've seen another place that offers that but I think the Steeda parts could be much cheaper, the fixed axle parts were definately affordable.
Yo, Marcus! Good to hear from you, Sir!

I bought a piece of Delrin, round stock. Had a buddy turn me some 2-piece bushings to replace the rubber ones in the uprights. I had been using some aftermarket "hard rubber" bushings, but I don't remember where I got them.

I haven't looked at the Steeda page in a while... Those kits probably fit late-model Mustangs, which (I'd guess) are different from the T-Bird uprights I've got. I'll check with James and see what-n-all they got going on there.

Other'n that, Bro... When ya coming to see us? It's getting to be hot weather down here, perfect for sun-burning Yankee tourists. Come on down!

Peace, Love and SPF55-
JDK

PostPosted: May 21, 2017, 6:07 pm 

I sent Cheapracer an email and asked him to post a status report. Bill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 316  Next