LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: December 13, 2018, 5:13 pm 

Lookin' uptown is right!

Now get a power painter and paint the walls, studs and all, white. You'd be surprised at how much brighter it gets again! Or maybe no/t

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: December 13, 2018, 7:53 pm 

Now there has to be a story here.

KEMP for Governor

There HAS to be a story here........

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: December 14, 2018, 12:39 am 

horchoha wrote:
KEMP for Governor

Here's the story. https://kempforgovernor.com/splash-victory

PostPosted: December 14, 2018, 8:24 am 
We are Slotus!

horchoha wrote:
Now there has to be a story here.

KEMP for Governor

Hi Perry! You sharp-eyed devil, you... There's a story alright. But not about politics. Mr. Kemp is no relation as far as I can tell. He is either a shrewd political tactician or an evil barstard, depending on your party affiliation.

On one of my road trips to Valdosta with Prescott, I commented on how I should steal one of those "KEMP For Governor" signs beside the road. As things often do with Prescott, the conversation spiraled out of control and got sillier as we went along. South Georgia is somewhat rural, mostly agricultural and was apparently very supportive of Mr. Kemp. There were lots of signs.

On the way back from the machine shop, Prescott suddenly yelled "PULL OVER!" and I did, thinking he was having some kind of distress. As soon as the truck stopped moving, he hopped out (and rather quickly for an old fart, I might add). He trotted across the ditchline and into somebody's field, grabbed a KEMP sign and trotted back. "Here, you got your sign, now quit whining!" "Oh My God, Prescott! It's a wonder you didn't get shot!" "Shut up and drive!" And I did...

Came home with the sign, which turned out to be a piece of soft vinyl, folded over a metal frame. It had "KEMP For Governor" printed twice, so as to be a two-sided sign. We cut it in half and now both garages are decorated with them.

I had lunch with Prescott on Tuesday. His birthday is Dec 17 and he will turn 70. Still a little boy at heart. A larcenous little boy...

So, yeah, there's a story... :mrgreen:

:cheers:
Peace, Love and "Vote Early, Vote Often"--
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: December 14, 2018, 8:57 am 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
I prefer low lighting - I look better in dim light.
I resemble that remark! But then, I think most of us do... :mrgreen:

Quote:
I'll try to get some pictures later on today when I get back out there.
Well, Larry, "I'll try" is about as close as I got. With the lights on, there's too much glare to get a picture of the wiring. With the lights off, it was too dark! I did manage to get a pic of the connectors I was talking about... Sort of...
Attachment:
12 13 18 LED Light Wiring.jpg
That's the power cord for the lights. The fixtures had a socket on either end for the cord to plug into. There were also cords with the little "three hole" connectors on both ends to string them together. And there were "double ended" connectors to allow two fixtures to fit together end-to-end with no wire. I found that the 12 Ga solid wires that were run to the old fixtures would fit snugly into the sockets of the double ended ones and then plug into the fixtures. A little crimping on the connectors with the 12 ga wire inserted, plug it into the fixture and there was light!

So, is that confusing enough? Good, my work here is finished...
JDK

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: December 14, 2018, 10:20 am 

Yeah, LED lights look like the way to go. A couple of years ago I had installed the usual florescent lights in our garage. I even went with those "jewelry store" tubes that are supposed to be more like daylight. I'm happy with them, but there always seems to be a corner of the garage where enough light doesn't go, so I'm thinking LEDs as fill-in would be good. They really were not widely available when I put our lights in.

By the way, JD, I find I have to manually keep up with your log. Some times I get notification there's a new entry, but most often I don't. I have to check the "View new posts" tag all the time to see if your log has new entries. Do you think God is trying to save me from a life of sin and debauchery, or am I on your sh#tlist?

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: December 14, 2018, 10:49 am 
We are Slotus!

Lonnie-S wrote:
By the way, JD, I find I have to manually keep up with your log. Some times I get notification there's a new entry, but most often I don't. I have to check the "View new posts" tag all the time to see if your log has new entries. Do you think God is trying to save me from a life of sin and debauchery, or am I on your sh#tlist?
Hi Lonnie! You are a bona-fide member of Team Slotus as far as I'm concerned, practically a member of the family, and not on any such list. If the forum had an actual sh#tlist, being on it would most likely be a requirement for Team Slotus membership. (That, and a certain fondness for livestock...)

It may be that the server for the forum has gotten tired of posting announcements for this "Russian novel" length build log, said "To hell with it!" and stopped sending notifications. In other words, Team Slotus is on the forum's sh#tlist. I could buy that... :mrgreen:

Or, it may be the sin and debauchery angle... The more I think about it... Yeah, that's probably it...
Attachment:
Guardian Angel.jpg
Regardless, thanks for stoppin' by and come back any time!

Peace, Love and "Sh#lists" --
JDK

PostPosted: December 15, 2018, 1:53 am 

GonzoRacer wrote:
So, yeah, there's a story...

There ya go! I knew I wouldn't be disappointed!
I love a good story, though pictures would have made it better (leaping through a ditch with the sign held above the head with both hands, then leaping into the vehicle as its pulling away from the crime scene, Tommy guns, cigars, garters, and women folk fainting. Yeah thats a great story).
Just sayin........

PostPosted: December 15, 2018, 7:53 am 
We are Slotus!

horchoha wrote:
Tommy guns, cigars, garters, and women folk fainting. Yeah thats a great story). Just sayin........
You're thinking waaaa-aaay too much Al Capone and John Dillenger... Me and Prescott are more like these characters--
Attachment:
alfafa and spanky.jpg
Well, if Alfalfa had a pony tail and Spanky had grown a moustache....

If anybody reading this doesn't know the people in the picture, go ask your dad... And get off my lawn!

Peace, Love and "Our Gang"--
JDK

PostPosted: December 21, 2018, 11:08 am 
We are Slotus!

In case I get busy with stuff over the next several days...

Merry Christmas from Team Slotus!

PostPosted: December 21, 2018, 11:51 am 

Yes JD, right back at you. All the best to you and yours.
Remember that once you've filled the grandkids with sweets and treats, then send them home to bounce off the walls, your job is done for the holiday season.

PostPosted: December 25, 2018, 6:02 am 

Indeed a Merry Merry Christmas to all Team Slotus! New Years Eve is coming. Our traditional NYE meal is Oyster Stew in an Andouille/mashed potato bowl. Yum!

PostPosted: December 26, 2018, 4:04 pm 

benny_toe wrote:
Our traditional NYE meal is Oyster Stew in an Andouille/mashed potato bowl. Yum!

I was recently introduced to Boudin Balls. Poor little Boudins, those young males...

Anyway, figured out how to make 'em here, along with Dirty Rice balls.

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: December 29, 2018, 12:23 pm 

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JD!!!!!

PostPosted: December 30, 2018, 7:57 am 
We are Slotus!

Yo, Perry! Thanks, Bro. You were only one day late, and after this many years, one day is not a significant difference... :mrgreen:

Had a pizza party with all the kids/grandkids/sons-in-law and one big, overgrown kid... That'd be me... :mrgreen:

It was a good time. Both grand kids were there, so it was more of a midget wrestling extravaganza than a traditional party, but that's OK too.

Wish you and several dozen other folks in here had joined us. Maybe next year.

JDK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277 ... 316  Next