LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 25, 2024, 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: July 27, 2020, 1:11 pm 

Would you like a Team Slotus Memorial sticker we made in his name? You tell me how many and I ship it directly to you.

PostPosted: August 20, 2020, 11:07 am 

HamDip wrote:
Would you like a Team Slotus Memorial sticker we made in his name? You tell me how many and I ship it directly to you.

I currently don’t have any place to put them, and neither a car, sorry, but many thanks for the offer. Also, I don’t even want to think about the price of shipping them to Italy, or if it’s even currently possible during this pandemic...

PostPosted: August 27, 2020, 7:02 pm 

I understand. No worries. However, should you decide you do, I am now skilled at shipping letter size stickers all over the world. Canada, New Zealand, Australia, I mailed them everywhere.

apple020997 wrote:
HamDip wrote:

I currently don’t have any place to put them, and neither a car, sorry, but many thanks for the offer. Also, I don’t even want to think about the price of shipping them to Italy, or if it’s even currently possible during this pandemic...

PostPosted: August 27, 2020, 11:44 pm 

HamDip wrote:
I understand. No worries. However, should you decide you do, I am now skilled at shipping letter size stickers all over the world. Canada Eh, New Zealand, Australia, I mailed them everywhere.

There I fixed that for ya Hamdip

edit: FTOYWDK the meaning of Eh, google it

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: August 28, 2020, 12:21 am 

Hi Hamdip,

I have an idea that I want to pass by you. I want to create a small 1" long frame lizard casting that mounts onto 1.5" tubing, it will be made from stainless steel and thus weldable onto steel tubing with 309 filler rod or brazed on. The image below is from thingiverse so most of the work is done, and I can run it through the foundry here no problem. Is there room for the little guy on the Slotus, or is it too much weight?

Let me know,

Cheers,
Marcus.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: August 28, 2020, 2:23 am 

HamDip wrote:
I understand. No worries. However, should you decide you do, I am now skilled at shipping letter size stickers all over the world. Canada Eh, New Zealand, Australia, I mailed them everywhere.

Good stuff, the internet makes the world a smaller place.

For those interested the correct Southern hemisphere pronunciation is New Zullund and uh-stray-ya.
:cheers:

PostPosted: August 28, 2020, 6:00 am 

Oh, there is MOST Definitely room on the Slotus for that. Frame lizard would be most honored in his death to be memorialized outside the frame. I assume trailer frog is also known to the group. Similar thoughts for him are welcome.

Oh how we miss him, everyone. Little things like this remind me that he isn't forgotten. In the hectic of life, I find myself sobbing in those few quiet moments and wonder if anyone else is reading through old posts to remember him too.

Kinetic Research wrote:
Hi Hamdip,

I have an idea that I want to pass by you. I want to create a small 1" long frame lizard casting that mounts onto 1.5" tubing, it will be made from stainless steel and thus weldable onto steel tubing with 309 filler rod or brazed on. The image below is from thingiverse so most of the work is done, and I can run it through the foundry here no problem. Is there room for the little guy on the Slotus, or is it too much weight?

Let me know,

Cheers,
Marcus.

PostPosted: August 28, 2020, 11:58 pm 

HamDip - anything to keep alive the memory of this No1 Classic website... Bless you.
Cheers, MangPong.

PostPosted: October 12, 2020, 7:53 pm 

As I get very very very close to "completing" my build, I realized that it isn't ready. Until I have something from Team Slotus on the car. Please PM me when you have a chance so I can complete my build. Thank you

I miss him.

My build: http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16005

PostPosted: October 13, 2020, 2:03 am 

Mnot wrote:
I miss him.
You got that right Gavin.

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: October 13, 2020, 12:15 pm 

Ditto...
(MangPong)

PostPosted: October 13, 2020, 1:32 pm 

Anyone know how we made it to October without him? I have no idea. The next 3 months are gonna be brutal. Halloween with the kids, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and his birthday (Dec 28) just seems like too much at once.

PostPosted: October 13, 2020, 2:24 pm 

Yes, for sure, we all miss him.

I actually did feel better when I got my tribute on my build in place. I'll post here too for his family.

Cheers,
Attachment:
DSC05442.JPG

Attachment:
DSC05443.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: October 13, 2020, 2:41 pm 

I love it!

PostPosted: October 26, 2020, 7:00 am 

Hi everyone! Halloween is upon us and all I can remember is riding in the back of my own pick up truck on top of race tires with JD. We were taking the kids trick or treating in a neighborhood and skipping from section to section. We'd hit a block then load the kids in the back in car seats and HHGOA drove with Earl in the back with the kids and WWTFM (mom) riding shotgun. JD and I were banished to the bed of the pick-up with the tires and wheels. It may be a blessing that we aren't trick or treating this year.

If anyone is interested, little JJ is 4 1/2 and going as Ladybug from the kids show Miraculous. JT is 3 1/2 and going as a ghost. I say going...we're going to do paper mache pumpkins and let them decorate then break them for their candy.

In race news: Dixie Region SCCA has turned our traditional Allies v Axis into a National Champ Tour so its $130 instead of $35 or $40 to go, but the event is much bigger and all weekend instead of just Sunday. I'm back and forth on attending. JD loved Allies v Axis. Earl says we can do the mods needed on the Slotus in time for me to run it. I'm skeptical as weekends are packed, but if he thinks he can move the seat, tie down the wing, move the roll bar away from my left elbow which was so badly beat up at Nationals in March, and reseat the battery (it broke loose at Nationals) all before Dec 4th, more power to him.

I'll update when he actually takes the first step to work on it.

Anyone wanting to hear more about the grandkids, TWWTFM, etc, let me know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312 ... 316  Next