LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 16, 2024, 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: December 8, 2018, 10:56 am 

horchoha wrote:
Ahh yes, it's like becoming a member of the mile high club.

Yeah, I've been to Denver too. What's the big deal? :rofl:

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: December 9, 2018, 9:13 am 
We are Slotus!

Lonnie-S wrote:
horchoha wrote:
Ahh yes, it's like becoming a member of the mile high club.
Yeah, I've been to Denver too. What's the big deal?
I'm not a member of the "Mile High Club" that Perry is alluding to. Haven't been to Denver, either... But in my mind, I feel certain that joining "The Club" is nothing like driving the Slotus in the rain. At least I hope not... :mrgreen:

Kristian, we should apologize... You made a perfectly fine, clean comment about the joy of driving your Locost even if it rained, and we took it straight into the gutter... Then again, it's Team Slotus, what could you expect? :rofl:

:cheers:
Peace, Love and Dirty Minds-
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: December 9, 2018, 4:46 pm 

Its ok, I'm a big boy. I work in the oil patch. Some of the dinner table conversations at camp could make a sailor blush. It's kind of telling when almost every trade in the industry has some piece of equipment called a horse [rooster].
Kristian

PostPosted: December 10, 2018, 12:27 am 

turbo_bird wrote:
called a horse [rooster]

Absolutely! We had to change the name when we had young female engineers come out to site on an overhaul. Instead of asking for a compressor mechanic to go get the h---- kock, we had to call it the compressor rod entrance sleeve.
Now I ask all of you intelligent people, how many of you have driven in the country and out in the pasture you see a horse with his compressor rod entrance sleeve hanging out???? Hmmmm? How many?

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: December 10, 2018, 2:55 pm 

horchoha wrote:
Now I ask all of you intelligent people, how many of you have driven in the country and out in the pasture you see a horse with his compressor rod entrance sleeve hanging out???? Hmmmm? How many?

...and were kinda envious?????

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: December 10, 2018, 3:14 pm 
We are Slotus!

Geeze, the stuff y'all talk about when I ain't watching... Shame on you!!! :rofl:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: December 10, 2018, 4:10 pm 

40-some years ago I had heard about this one bar in Tijuana (or was that Juarez?) where this girl and a ………. Never mind.

I know it wasn't an internet myth 'cause the internet wasn't invented back then. Heck the IBM PC wasn't even released then either.

You guys bring back so many memories. :ack:

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: December 10, 2018, 8:08 pm 

One of the guys at work didn't know what it was, so he googled the electrical version of it at the dinner table. You might want to disconnect from the company wifi before you look that one up. I'm sure the pictures were interesting if not exactly informative.
I'll occasionally forget that I'm not a work when I'm talking to someone. This summer one of the moms from my kids school said my locost was pretty cool. I said she was probably just trying to get in my pants, but I was already taken. Oops, that could go poorly with the political climate now. Luckily she's got a good sense of humour and wasn't offended.
Kristian

PostPosted: December 10, 2018, 10:00 pm 

turbo_bird wrote:
I'll occasionally forget that I'm not a work when I'm talking to someone. This summer one of the moms from my kids school said my locost was pretty cool. I said she was probably just trying to get in my pants, but I was already taken. Oops, that could go poorly with the political climate now. Luckily she's got a good sense of humour and wasn't offended.
Kristian

One can get fired for complimenting a woman's dress while the HR people are doing sexual harassment training. Ask me how I now have lots of time to do locost work... Seriously. Not sh****ing you.

Strangely, I discussed that bar in Mexico w/ my Mexican bosses and his Mexican friends on a previous job. And left on very very good terms. Go figure.

Yes, still angry here.

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: December 11, 2018, 1:28 pm 

geek49203 wrote:
turbo_bird wrote:
Kristian

One can get fired for complimenting a woman's dress while the HR people are doing sexual harassment training. Ask me how I now have lots of time to do locost work... Seriously. Not sh****ing you.

Strangely, I discussed that bar in Mexico w/ my Mexican bosses and his Mexican friends on a previous job. And left on very very good terms. Go figure.

Yes, still angry here.

Wow, that's pretty messed up. Hopefully things turn around for you soon.
Kristian

PostPosted: December 13, 2018, 1:36 pm 
We are Slotus!

So, while y'all perverts have been discussing the anatomy of livestock, I was being productive. (For a change...)

LAST Christmas, I got some new light fixtures for the shop. I've been meaning to install them for, ohhhh... about a year now... :roll:

But since the DogAss Slotus came home with no major repairs needed, I finally got around to putting them in. TAA-DAA!!!
Attachment:
12 09 18 New Shop Lights.jpg
They're all LED fixtures, shaped like fluorescent lights. Lots of light, really light weight and much longer lasting than bulbs. (We shall see!)

We is uptown now, Baby!!! :mrgreen:

Peace, Love and LEDs-
JD

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: December 13, 2018, 2:30 pm 

Dern decent illumination there JD. Gotta get me a couple or three of those.

Install like any other fixture?

PostPosted: December 13, 2018, 2:40 pm 
We are Slotus!

Hi Larry-
Thanks... Now I can see how ugly the DogAss Slotus really is... :mrgreen:

They install like any other fluorescent fixture. The ones I put up are all hung from chains or small wire ropes at either end. I have two brands/models of fixtures in there. You put a screw-in hook in the wood rafter/joist and hang that end of the light on it.

One model said to plug them in directly and not to try to hook them together. That one had the wire and plug permanently attached to the fixture. I installed an outlet on the wire that the old lights connected to, hung a plug strip up there and plugged those fixtures into the strip.

The other kind were "linkable" and had removable plug-in wires or "interconnect wires" and plugs on either end. You could plug one in and connect another (or two) via the interconnect wires. I did all kind of weird science with them.

I'll try to get some pictures later on today when I get back out there.

:cheers:
JDK

PostPosted: December 13, 2018, 2:51 pm 

TY Sir!

PostPosted: December 13, 2018, 3:36 pm 
Toyotaphobe

The only hassle with better lighting is all the little things you see that need some improvement that you'd never noticed before

I prefer low lighting - I look better in dim light.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276 ... 316  Next