Toe control arm height=======9.19
Lower control arm pivot======8.32
Thanks for those measurements. I've taken foxk56's steering rack model and put it into my CAD assembly to mock up some of the steering geometry. This forced a change in lower wishbone design to make room for the tie rod. I was in full-delusion mode for a while: "Oh, everyone has a problem packaging the tie rod with the lower wishbone. Mine will be different and I won't have that problem."
In other news, I got some extra money and ordered springs, shocks and a new driveshaft. My front and rear wheel rates are completely different, but because of installation geometry, the spring rates end up exactly the same: 350lbs. We'll see if those actually work; if they don't, I don't feel too bad about just buying new springs to make adjustments. I bought the springs shocks (QA1 Proma Stars) from Autofab Race Parts, which I believe others have recommended in this forum. Super helpful and knoweldgeable, and competitively priced.
The driveshaft from the Miata was shot: the differential was only held on by one of its "ears", so the driveline was rattling around and hitting the PPF and wearing a bunch. I also cut it too short when I was mocking things up. So it was probably best to just get a new one. I called up Power Train Industries, who makes all the aftermarket driveshafts for Miatas, and a lot of other vehicles. They asked for a flange-to-seal length (23.75" for me) and confirmed the slipshaft and flange design and I had it at my door in 3 days!
No pictures, unfortunately.