LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently December 5, 2020, 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 Post subject: Re: wyked's 3-wheeler
PostPosted: January 12, 2020, 7:09 am 

The webbing is still in great shape. That's why I never thought much about it until I looked at the date on the tag. The only time they are exposed to UV is when I'm driving. Like toobusy said, they look better than my daily driver. Just wanted to do a gut check with you guys. Thanks.l

PostPosted: October 19, 2020, 7:56 am 

I finally got around to fixing my issues with front suspension camber. I had two issues. First off my camber is based off the upper ball joint which is threaded into my upper a-arm. This meant any adjustments required removing the ball joint from the uprights and I was limited to one full rotation which is a relatively large change. The second issue was the threads on one of the ball joints galled when I was adjusting them, effectively locking my camber at 2+ deg. I've just left it that way for years. Not a huge problem but it does effect the wear on my tires. I've addressed all of the major issues so I'm finally getting around to the smaller ones like this. Plus my current tires are pretty well shot so before I put new ones one I'd like to fix it. I've had a design from Staniforth's "Competition Car Suspension" in my head for years (pic below) which should work with my setup. I went about machining my upper a-arm and the new inner sleeve nuts. I now have finer camber adjustment and have reduced my camber down to 1 deg. Not looking forward to putting the car up for the winter but it's been a great year for driving so I can't complain.

Attachments:
old.jpg
old.jpg [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 262 times ]
staniforth.jpg
staniforth.jpg [ 1022.1 KiB | Viewed 262 times ]
sleevenut.jpg
sleevenut.jpg [ 1.08 MiB | Viewed 262 times ]
new.jpg
new.jpg [ 1.2 MiB | Viewed 262 times ]
PostPosted: October 19, 2020, 4:48 pm 

Nice, this is also how I think I will build my A-arms, On car adjustable just makes everything so much easier are your more inclined to play with settings since its so easy :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28