LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 30, 2017, 8:28 pm 

Well I found out why my spray gun doesn't lay on the primer like I thought it should. It only has a 1.4 tip & needle instead of the 2 I thought it had LOL I may go back to one of my old reliable siphon feed guns(I know they will slather it on LOL) & leave the gravity feed HVLP guns till the finish paint.

PostPosted: May 1, 2017, 9:24 am 

jere wrote:
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2011/10/27/ask-a-hemmings-editor-were-the-lola-t70s-in-thx-1138-real-or-fake/

Guess no one wanted to admit to actually seeing that one :?

I've never heard of it before. It's way before my time, but after reading about it, now I want to watch it. Sounds a bit like another old movie where a guy escapes to California with a Porsche 917 that he buried under his garage. I think it was called "The Last Chase". Ilike watching those old movies.
Kristian

PostPosted: May 1, 2017, 1:31 pm 

Looked up "The last chase".
Running TO Kalifornia to ESCAPE tyranny? :ack:
Now THAT is bizarre fiction for anyone who has kept track here in the real world! :shock:
I escaped FROM Ka back in '89, NOTHING could send me back.

PostPosted: May 1, 2017, 11:42 pm 

Mike S wrote:
Well I found out why my spray gun doesn't lay on the primer like I thought it should. It only has a 1.4 tip & needle instead of the 2 I thought it had LOL I may go back to one of my old reliable siphon feed guns(I know they will slather it on LOL) & leave the gravity feed HVLP guns till the finish paint.

I might sound way outta my league but did you clean out all the goop out of the gun? How about set all the little adjustment knobs and things? Using ⅓ the paint/reducer is a nice perk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uTSPSiJuxZI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aNIsHCkZ5xA

PostPosted: May 1, 2017, 11:46 pm 

turbo_bird wrote:
jere wrote:
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2011/10/27/ask-a-hemmings-editor-were-the-lola-t70s-in-thx-1138-real-or-fake/

Guess no one wanted to admit to actually seeing that one :?

I've never heard of it before. It's way before my time, but after reading about it, now I want to watch it. Sounds a bit like another old movie where a guy escapes to California with a Porsche 917 that he buried under his garage. I think it was called "The Last Chase". Ilike watching those old movies.
Kristian

I am going to have to check that one out too, Lee majors sounds promising.... I think

If you watch the thx movie find one that predates the painfully bad cgi post 2004 or so....

PostPosted: May 6, 2017, 10:51 pm 

Had been debating the relative looks. Between a full width chin spoiler & the side winglets as used on the Lola T70. I made these up the other day from foam & a thin skim of veil. They're only on with some hot glue. I'll make molds & fasten them on after I make the permanent parts. Then too I can make new ones if/when they get damaged.

PostPosted: May 6, 2017, 11:22 pm 

https://www.classicdriver.com/sites/def ... copy_0.jpg

I love this era of cars (50's-60's) :cheers:

PostPosted: May 7, 2017, 12:41 am 

Late 60s into the early 70s were my High School & College years. A time of mega horse power & the search for more speed. In the Can-Am series & the endurance races like Le Mans, Sebring & Datona. Since I'm not likely to ever own a Lola T70. This Lotus is going to be as close as I'll ever get. I'm building it as if it was for such races (if only in looks LOL). I had a 69 Europa when I was in College. I also had a 67 Firebird that we took second in the inter collegiate drags up at Santa Maria (1972?) in (on Sun). After slalom racing it all day Sat. I've done fiberglass restoration on a few race cars for John Collins (now passed). He was Gurney's crew chief at Le Mans in 67 &8 (back to back wins). Still friends with his son Grahm. They have both been mentors & advisers on this car & others over the years. I own 8 cars & trucks right now (& enough parts to build two or three more LOL)& only 2 are later than mid 70s LOL

PostPosted: May 7, 2017, 9:05 am 

I like all the work you are doing.

I have to say I think the front splitter need to travel across as one piece. Separate pieces makes it look cartoonish Like it has gills. Think a cross between "Finding Nemo" meets "Speed McQueen". But then again, maybe I need to change my meds. :mrgreen:

Carry on.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: May 7, 2017, 11:34 am 

I think it's partly because of the difference in color. That highlights the wings. But Yeah I though it looked like it had the big mutton chop sideburns LOL