LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 25, 2024, 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: the "Poor mans" Locost
PostPosted: May 16, 2010, 7:54 pm 

Haven't got the money saved up to build my locost just yet. I am working on it though as I'm buying the major tools i need first. While I continue to wait for funds to stabilize (which i royally hate) I started working on a few smaller projects . The red is a hand carved cobra for my son's pinewood derby race in the cub scouts and the other one that's yellow and red is a very poor version of the locost i want to build.

I know the locost are suppose to be the poor mans sports car built on the cheap, but i think I'm taking it to a new level $4.99 for the pinewood derby kit

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 16, 2010, 9:14 pm 

Cool!!! Keep him in Scouts. It is the best thing for him and YOU!!!! My son and I have built many a pinewood car and CO2 car. Russ (proud father of an Eagle Scout)

PostPosted: May 16, 2010, 10:09 pm 
The voice of reason

Nice Cobra. You can trade a lot of craftiness for money on building one of these. Good luck. Keep enjoying your kid (kids), all you have to do is feed them and they provide endless entertainment...
:cheers:

PostPosted: May 16, 2010, 11:03 pm 

i remember my pinewood derby days.... seems i was building locosts even back then :D
those skills may just come in handy, i've seen a few posts on the forum where matchstick constructions were made for analysis before the final build.
speaking of kids, my granddaughter just turned 1 :ack: . i'm feeling olde but still loving it. besides it was so much fun going to the parts store to buy vw bug head gaskets from my son in law when they first became a couple(and were willing to tell me that is)..... took him 20 minutes to figure out i was joshing him, he kept trying to figure out where to get some.

PostPosted: May 16, 2010, 11:10 pm 

horizenjob wrote:
Nice Cobra. You can trade a lot of craftiness for money on building one of these. Good luck. Keep enjoying your kid (kids), all you have to do is feed them and they provide endless entertainment...
:cheers:

But the problem with feeding them is I'm going broke lol my son alone can it 6 meals a day not including snacks :BH: . You are right though they do supply endless entertainment. Between my son in cub scouts and my little girl in girls scouts we are always making some type of crafts whether its birdhouses, pinewood derby cars, or the latest soapbox derby cars ( it turned into a demolition derby) we have been getting really good at coming up with new ideas to try like making a fiberglass body from scratch for our next soapbox derby as the wood splinters went flying as the cars were crashed.

I might try a locost 7 soapbox car for my sons next race to give me practice :lol: .