LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
PostPosted: August 22, 2010, 10:36 pm 

dhempy wrote:
Hey, Egoman...YOU ROCK!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

What a thrilling accomplishment. Good on ya!

-dave

Thanks hempy!

PostPosted: August 23, 2010, 12:22 am 
The voice of reason

:cheers:

PostPosted: August 23, 2010, 5:29 pm 
We are Slotus!

Yo Ego!
My mistake on the belts, thought they were "Y" belts, but glad to know they aren't.

Sounds like a great weekend, Dude! As for the Saturday runs, missing a gate, going slow on #3, etc... Welll, that's all part of it, everbody here 'been there, done that'. Learning from it is the thing, and sounds like you did, so "Well Done, Sir!"

Sunday just sounds like a blast, good of you to take the nephew along. That's a very cool thing. As for the car, rear camber, faster steering, etc... Oh, and that "drenched in gasoline" thing... So "she" needs some adjustments, eh? Sounds like a race car to me!!! I've always said race cars just had to be female, because nothing else could be so much damned trouble and we still love 'em!!!

I'm actually starting to like the orange paint... Usually not one of my favorite colors, but on the frame/cage, with the black wheels/tires and (apparently) black engine, it kinda works. Now, about that "cute" seat cover...... :lol: j/k j/k...

Any-hoo, sounds like a good weekend, congrats on the autocrossing, punch egonephew on the arm for me, and we'll be waiting your next adventure!
:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: September 1, 2010, 8:50 pm 

I'll take two cuz their small!

sweet build. I worked a dodge dealer when the LH bodies came out and figured they'd work great in that sort layout, looks like I was right.

PostPosted: September 1, 2010, 11:24 pm 

Heck yeah! Nice to see you out on the track in that manly beast of a car! (purple seat and all) Well done, you should be proud. :cheers:

PostPosted: September 2, 2010, 5:38 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyEgoman?feature=mhum
I managed to put up a few videos of myself and the egonephew putting in a couple of runs. I hope you enjoy.By the way its the egonephew that spins out, and I beat him by 8/10ths of a second. Sure we were just shakin it down but we are still men after all. :boxing:

PostPosted: September 15, 2010, 9:36 pm 

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been out of the loop, but it is SO COOL! to see you race.
I still love the way it sounds. Sure was a windy day, the camera shakin' all over.

Do it again!

Mikey B

PostPosted: September 17, 2010, 3:08 pm 

DDGT good to hear from you. Theres a autocross this weekend but my union hall is celebrating 100 years and I am recieving my 30 years service award. I may make the sunday
event or I may go motocrossing. Too many irons in the fire I guess.........but they are all fun irons arent they?

PostPosted: September 20, 2010, 4:32 pm 

WEll....... I went motocrossing this weekend instead of autocrossing.
Now the opportunity has arisen for me to take in a lapping session at gimli motorsports park in manitoba. I knew from the autocrossing that the rear tires had tooo much negative camber. The brackets didnt have any more mounting holes so they stayed that way for the weekend.
Back to the good friend with the cnc plasma and a set of brackets to fix the problem are made. I not only solved the camber problem but raised the rear of the car an inch as well. Eventually we will find a setup we like and cut and fit new brackets around that.
Of course here are the pictures.
Attachment:
1.jpg

Attachment:
2.jpg

Attachment:
3.jpg

Attachment:
4.jpg

Attachment:
5.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: September 21, 2010, 1:55 pm 

Went to see the fellow running the lapping session and school yesterday afternoon. He said the car looked Ok and made a suggestion or 2 that I addressed. One was to cover the + battery terminal and the other was a question about how long I felt the front brakes would last. I covered the post with a section of innertube and some electrical tape. As for the brakes, when I autocrosssed the car it seemed to like very little front brake as it was. We will have to see. From a safety standpoint I will never suffer a complete brake failure because of the dual master balance bar setup.One thing that I thought about later was the lack of mirrors. Honestly I never gave it much thought because you arent allowed them in dirt track racing so I have never actually raced a car with mirrors anyways.
But just to be sure the car now has mirrors.
Attachment:
1.jpg

Attachment:
2.jpg

Attachment:
3.jpg

Attachment:
4.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: September 23, 2010, 4:08 pm 

I guess that its my fault for telling you guys that I was going to a road course this weekend . I knew that the crying for pics and video would far exceed the demand for my word skills. SOOO I got the camera off the back shelf and worked out a bracket for the antique device. It still uses a tape so its a antique(so I have been told).
Its for the car so its part of the build log.
Attachment:
1.jpg

Attachment:
2.jpg

Attachment:
3.jpg

Attachment:
4.jpg

Attachment:
5.jpg

PostPosted: September 23, 2010, 4:13 pm 

You guys probably thought that it wasnt going to get painted.............really you knew I was going to paint it??????? Oh well you have more faith in me than I do. I figured I would paint it bright yellow so it would remind me to turn it on. CRAP no yellow paint. SO I figured I would paint it bright white so it would remind me to turn it on.
Attachment:
6.jpg

Attachment:
7.jpg

PostPosted: September 23, 2010, 4:53 pm 
Automotive Encyclopedia

Nice job.

The white plastic of the instrument cluster has no UV protection. It will rot and crumble if left in the sun too long. Nto in one day, but over a summer definately. Same thing for any white underhood plastics. I found out the hard way. Just FYI.

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

PostPosted: September 23, 2010, 6:45 pm 

Dont worry there miatav8 we havent seen the sun in over a week. This whole summer feels like living in vancouver. Because of that the uv index has been a little low.
Actually any time the car is out it is tarped up(You young whippersnappers can follow the same advice). You just see it when its beeing worked on.
After the weekend it can go back in my enclosed trailer for the winter
Attachment:
a.jpg

Attachment:
b.jpg

Attachment:
c.jpg

Attachment:
d.jpg

PostPosted: September 23, 2010, 8:42 pm 

Nice camera mount. Try taping a cottonball over the mic to reduce the wind noise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next