LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 7, 2020, 9:47 am 

I recently read on another web site about changes to the registration process in Wisconsin that would resemble California's process. I just went onto the DMV web site and can find limited information on Replica cars except "Hobbyist" registration.

I know many states require a painful process of all receipts, VIN numbers of major component vehicle donors parts, safety inspection, and lots of paperwork and waiting. Plus a requirement of smog equipment be present on motor as built for the year of the motor.

Has anyone recently gone thru the process here in Wisconsin? My county does not require Smog checks for renewals.

Thom

PostPosted: May 7, 2020, 3:34 pm 

BostonWill wrote:
I recently read on another web site about changes to the registration process in Wisconsin that would resemble California's process. I just went onto the DMV web site and can find limited information on Replica cars except "Hobbyist" registration.

I know many states require a painful process of all receipts, VIN numbers of major component vehicle donors parts, safety inspection, and lots of paperwork and waiting. Plus a requirement of smog equipment be present on motor as built for the year of the motor.

Has anyone recently gone thru the process here in Wisconsin? My county does not require Smog checks for renewals.

Thom

I went through Wisconsin 2yrs ago and It couldn’t have been easier. All I did is send in the paperwork and they sent the VIN, I got it signed my neighbor who is an Green Bay officer, They sent the plates. Do not send it in as a homebuilt. That’s where you run into problems needing 2020 safety equipment.
You can shoot me an email and we can talk if you like. I’m not aware of any changes.

My build : http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtop ... 35&t=17160

MGB/GT V8 5.0L. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20782