LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently August 20, 2019, 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More track days for 2008
PostPosted: August 19, 2008, 9:46 pm 

I would like to let you all know about a few more trackdays 3 Balls Racing has set up for this year.

The next one is Friday, September 12th at Waterford Hills in Clarkston, MI. This is a narrow and tight track that is perfect for a Locost. I ran it earlier in the year with my stock Neon, and I was able to hang with many cars in all areas of the track except the back straight. This track keeps you busy all the way around.

Our last event is Saturday, October 25th at Grattan. Grattan is more open than Waterford, but it offers its own challenges. Some of the features are a downhill, off camber, blind curve; another blind curve leading onto the straight; a bowl turn; and a very long straight. Grattan is located in Belding,MI, just east of Grand Rapids.

The cost for each of these days is $150, and that includes lunch and drinks (water/Gatorade). We just announced these a few weeks ago, so there are lots of spots open.

We are also considering another event at Calabogie this year in Ottawa, Canada. This track is simply amazing. It is only a few years old, and it sits in the middle of a forest. The owners bought 5000 acres and carved the track into the terrain. We just announed this as a possibility today, and we are trying to confirm if there is enough interest. I don't want to publish the price and upset the track, but we have secured a significant price reduction by signing up for a complete run group.

Even if you guys don't have your car done, feel free to come by and spectate at any of our events. There is no fee to watch, and I will pretty much guarantee that someone will give you a ride.

For more details, check out the site (www.3ballsracing.com), post a question, or contact me via PM or email.

We used to have one Birkin that came out, but he had since sold the car. The closest to a Locost now are the Elise's that come out. I am hoping to have my car done in time for at least 2 of these events.

Thanks
Ken