LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 25, 2024, 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4, 2008, 2:30 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

toylocost wrote:
Hey I'm not done yet. I still wanna get one of the spoilers that deisel trucks put on their roofs in front of their trailers, and put it on the trunk lid. Then I'm going to get some spinners from Wal-Mart and the biggest loudest shiniest muffler I can find. A body kit and maybe some cool Type-R vinyl graphics on the side. Oh and reflective window tint would be cool too!

Ya know...I think I like this kid! :-)

So, how old is too old? I really don't think there is such a thing.

-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4, 2008, 12:55 pm 

Ok ok ok, not to old, just... not what i'm looking for. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 26, 2008, 10:27 pm 

Toylocost,

Here's an alternate idea for you, one that I'm pursuing. Find out what organizations are active in your area; SCCA, NASA, etc. Run a search for meeting locations and go to a few. Get to know who's doing what in your specific area and how much commitment it takes. You'll make some like minded friends and get new perspectives. Gradually the pieces will start falling into place.

I held off for years hoping someone would start an active autocross group close to home while there was a long history of hillclimbs being held twice yearly in my own town. SCCA time trial rules apply. At the time the safety rules seemed daunting. Turns out there's a hill running within driving distance every other weekend of the summer. Seems like good bang for the buck now.! There's opportunities to get involved as corner workers (best seat in the house) and club duties too. I definitely want to build my own middy but 'till I nail down facilities I'm volunteering and aquiring protective gear (some deals on fleabay) and a 914. By the time I'm ready to build I'll have a better idea of my design goals. That's what's doing it for me, find out what's happening there and dig in. :D

Quote:
Everone's a little old for you... enjoy it while you can
AMEN! I'm over the hill and wish I'd started this learning curve at your age. :wink: :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27, 2008, 1:13 am 

Will do. SO much stuff to do in my life right now it's kinda overwhelming. I don't know when I'll have time to but I will.