LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 14, 2024, 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 3, 2009, 3:20 pm 

I am finally ready to announce the majority of the 2009 open track schedule for 3 Balls Racing:

Saturday, April 25th at Gingerman in South Haven, MI.

Saturday, May 9th at Grattan in Belding, MI.

Friday, June 12th at Waterford Hills in Clarkston, MI.

Saturday and Sunday, August 29th and 30th at Calabogie near Ottawa, Canada.

Saturday, October 17th at Gingerman in South Haven, MI.

All the events in Michigan cost $165. However, if you register and sign up early, the cost drops to $150. This includes lunch and drinks throughout the day. The cost for the Calabogie event is yet to be determined, but expect the cost to be about $240/day.

We run with four groups separated by driver skill and vehicle potential. Beginners are encouraged to join us. Instructors are available and there is a classroom session in the morning for beginners.

I will have my mid-engine build at all the events (unless something goes very wrong with it) and will be willing to give rides. There are a lot of good people at our events, and I think you guys will enjoy coming out. Even if you don't have a car ready to run (you could always bring the family truckster) come on out and see what the road course is all about.

To register and sign up, please visit 3ballsracing.com. If you have questions, please let me know.

Thanks
Ken

PostPosted: February 25, 2009, 10:05 am 

The first event at Gingerman is only 2 months away now. Even if your Locost isn't going to be ready this year, you can always bring the daily driver. You will be surprised what most any car can do.

We also added a weekend event at Grattan July 25th and 26th. On that Sunday, we will run the track backwards to add some variety. There will also be a 3 Balls sponsored cookout on Saturday night.

Hope to see some of you guys there. There is no charge to come spectate if you aren't ready to drive.

Thanks
Ken

PostPosted: February 25, 2009, 12:59 pm 

I love Grattan. It's an old school track with alot of of cool terrain & driving features you will never find on an Alan Wilson designed track like Gingerman.

PostPosted: March 24, 2009, 11:02 am 

For those interested, the deadline for early registration is April 1 for the opening event at Gingerman.

I also wanted to let you know that we started a Frequent Baller program. You get a free track day after attending 5 days. I'm pretty sure you won't find track time any lower cost than this.

Thanks
Ken