LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 20, 2024, 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Testing the waters
PostPosted: May 9, 2024, 7:15 pm 

With reluctance, I am listing my Locost MGB powered project for sale. I tried, as some of you might remember, to sell it when I relocated from Boston to Wisconsin. But, with little time, I ended up moving it back with me. Now, life is getting in the way of finishing the project. :(

Now, with a few health issues cropping up this last year, age making everything more of a challenge, and too much else on my "to do" list, I have decided to try to see if there is someone out there that would like to finish it off.

Here is where it sits:

IBasiclly built around a "442" design. t is constructed of hardened, chrome molly 1" round tubing, TIG welded. It has a steel floor riveted to the bottom. The seats are from a Porsche550 spyder replica. All of the instruments are present, even has a Caterham 7 heater! Set up with the fenders from Kinetic for the cowl, rear fenders & front clamshell fenders. 80% of the parts on the car are new- not rebuilt.

Motor is from 74 MGB. Now estimate power up from 74hp to about 90hp. Has full synchro 4 sp MGB trans. Motor re-machined buy machine shop in Massachusetts. Has not been started since assembled by me.

New wiring harness from triumph TR 3 installed but not completely connected yet. New high performance parts in motor. New clutch.
New suspension & brakes (not rebuilt). New alternator. New rad & electric fan. New oil cooler. New GAZ coilover shocks. Rebuilt posi ford Mustang 8.8 rear end with Moser race axles.
New wheels & tires.

New 15 gal aluminum fuel tank. New fuel Holley fuel pump & new fuel reg. Set up for SU EFI fuel Injection using Microsquirt ECU. Professionally restored distributor.
New Mustang II front suspension system and steering rack. New steel & flex brake lines. New Wilwood brake pedal assembly and master cylinders. Momo steering wheel. New (5ea) wheels with tires on 4 of the wheels.

Car needs to be disassembled, finish welding for front suspension mounts, frame painted, and car reassembled. No bonnet (hood) made yet. Glass shop to cut flat safety glass for windshield.

I have it listed locally for $6,900. Have, as all of these projects go, so much more in just parts and materials invested.

I have all of the receipts for the car.

Lots more to the project but just too much to type here. Let me know if anyone has any interest. I am about 1 1/2 hours north of Chicago.
Attachment:
May 2022 pic1.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Testing the waters
PostPosted: May 10, 2024, 12:43 am 

Good luck Thom

Someone is going to get a great deal on this.

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle