Due to an increasingly-demanding work schedule accompanied by the tropical weather seasons here in Nebraska, I think it's probably best to let someone else enjoy this car.
I purchased it in October of 2012 with the thoughts of using it as a Sunday driver and an occasional autocross car. SCCA moved all of the local autox events an hour away from me, so this car has only seen a handful of weekend morning drives since purchasing it.
I'm the third owner. First owner built a roller, second owner finished the car, I bought it with plans to get it sorted and get it road worthy. Car drives great, has plenty of premium components, is easy to maintain, and is just a blast to drive. Fact is, I just don't have the time to spend on the car. More (most) importantly, my wife would like a 3rd car that she can drive around town too. I haven't had any mechanical issues with the car, but there may be some additional sorting needed.
Album here: http://imgur.com/a/fE5pa
Here's a video driving around the mean streets of Omaha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rl67FoOI8I
- 2006 Yamaha R1. < 4000mi on it
- Street legal
- Registered & Titled in Nebraska as a 1963 Lotus Seven Replica
- 3.9:1 (4.10:1?) rear end ratio from 1st gen RX7 GSL (disk brakes, LSD)
- Miata front spindles
- CMC chassis & bodywork
- R1 radiator
- Oil pan baffle (and a spare)
- Paddle shifter
- Heavy duty clutch springs installed
- Gear indicator
- Electric parking brake.
- JAZ fuel cell
- GAZ coilovers
- Brand new (Installed June 2013, less than 200mi) tires. Still have the nubs on them.
- Team Dynamics wheels
- Momo quick-release steering wheel
- Schroth 5-point belts with quick release
- Kirkey seats
- Nice ITG filter unit
- Birkin rear lights
- Tilton pedals with balance bar
- Bussman fuse/relay panels
- Less than 200mi on brake pads & brake fluid
- 130" long, 65" wide
- Full glass windshield and mounting kit (from Kinetic) are sitting here ready to install
- SpeedoHealer & PowerCommander both included but not installed
- Plenty of other miscellaneous parts & leftovers (bolts and whatnot) from the R1.
- Car is insured with Hagerty, and previous owner used them as well. No issues getting coverage.
- Chassis was extended by 4" by previous owner due to his height (6' 5"). Due to my lack of height (5' 9.875"), I moved the seat up a few inches. Gained a bit of storage space behind the seat this way - great place to store the registration & insurance info. If you're tall, there's room to move the seat back.
- No reverse, but that hasn't been an issue so far. Car can be pushed/pulled with two fingers on flat ground. My 7yo nephew likes to push it out of the garage all by himself. Can't imagine a reverse box would be terribly difficult tough to install, but I've never really looked into it.
- Car is wrapped in 3M matte orange vinyl. The installer could have done a much better job around the edges. Original color underneath is BMW "Urban Green". Paint wasn't holding up very well.
- Oil level sensor is likely bad, as the oil light blinks on the instrument cluster. Oil level is perfect, so haven't bothered to replace the part until it's time for an oil change. The new part is included, just not installed.
- Car hasn't seen any repeated, heavy, cornering or braking loads yet. Car turns and brakes very well, but care should be taken here before you make sure everything is sorted out.
- Speedometer is completely incorrect. Odometer mileage is incorrect because of this. A SpeedoHealer is included but not installed. I used a cell phone to get GPS speed.
Located in Omaha, NE. Asking $16,000. Open to offers.
Please reply here, PM me, or email me at ace(at)jetter(dot)com