LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 11, 2018, 11:42 pm 

(It's sold, as of early September 2020, and on its way home with npgmike. I'm leaving this thread here for historical interest.)

I've decided it's time to get rid of projects I haven't made progress on since my 50s (that's ten years and four days ago). This morning I started messing with a street sports racer project I started when Bush Jr. was in office, and decided I need room more than I need this project.

So here goes: 1.8 liter engine, ran strong and no visible smoke when I drove it here, 208747 miles on the clock, all the Miata parts it needs from the donor, uses the bolt-in Miata rear suspension unit, it's basically a Locost with a longer wide part of the cockpit an a more abrupt angle going into the engine compartment ('cause I planned on putting a full body on it--the one that my icon here is based on) and mounts for it pontoon sides (which I abandoned when I figured a Lotus 11/Kokopelli body would be easier, faster, and cheaper). No front shocks, front suspension needs considerable tweaking, and as they say in the EAA, it's 90% completed with 90% to go.

What it does have that most build projects don't, is a State of Oregon DMV assigned VIN number, titled and registered to me. Yes, it was once looking sufficiently like a car to get its papers. It's on the 11" upright next to the driver.

Anyway, it's only a grand, and I'll swap out the bagel-sized spare on the driver's front for a real wheel.

PS-- The T-handle thing on the front is just to make it easier to move around. It unbolts.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by JackMcCornack on September 12, 2020, 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
All the photos went away

PostPosted: June 12, 2018, 11:42 am 

Glad you explained the T handle. I thought it might be for harnessing up the ponies!
Roy

PostPosted: June 12, 2018, 2:38 pm 

RoyzMG wrote:
Glad you explained the T handle. I thought it might be for harnessing up the ponies!
To quote Bob Newhart from the 50 B.C. stockholders' meeting of the Roman Chariot Works, next year we're introducing a rear engine model, which will greatly improve the driver's view.

Oh yeah, and this heap is located in Cave Junction, Oregon.

PostPosted: June 12, 2018, 5:39 pm 

JackMcCornack wrote:
To quote Bob Newhart from the 50 B.C. stockholders' meeting of the Roman Chariot Works, next year we're introducing a rear engine model, which will greatly improve the driver's view.

"Bah-rump-bump"! :lol:

PostPosted: June 12, 2018, 11:07 pm 

Very tempting but I'm trying extra hard to stick to my resolution to FINISH at least one project before getting into another one for myself.
Currently have, um, eight or nine, depending on how you count parts and intent.
I've just ignored a classic Jeepster and a Willy's pick up, both were very good deals.

PostPosted: June 17, 2018, 9:35 pm 

RichardSIA wrote:
Very tempting but I'm trying extra hard to stick to my resolution to FINISH at least one project before getting into another one for myself.
Yeah, great minds think alike. I've upped the ante on myself; my resolution is to FINISH WITH before getting into another one, but I'm accepting selling/recycling/abandoning as qualifying as finished. As my dad told me (time and again, I might add) "You can do anything you want, you just can't do everything you want."

PostPosted: July 3, 2018, 6:26 pm 

Oh, I want it....but my wife just reminded me that I just got rid of mine.

PostPosted: July 28, 2019, 1:00 am 

Hmm, is this by chance still available?
If so, I wonder if a Buick V6 and Saginaw 4 speed could be made to fit?
Might have to do some cutting and welding.

PostPosted: August 3, 2019, 1:50 am 

RichardSIA wrote:
Hmm, is this by chance still available?
Available indeed, and I'll be happy to sell it less the Miata bits.
RichardSIA wrote:
If so, I wonder if a Buick V6 and Saginaw 4 speed could be made to fit?
Let's give the Magic 8 Ball a shake. Hmm; it says, Reply Hazy, Ask Again Later
RichardSIA wrote:
Might have to do some cutting and welding.
Ya think? Fortunately you're qualified to do so.

Contact me off list at Kinetic Vehicles and I'll tell you more than you ever wanted to know about this project.

PostPosted: August 22, 2020, 2:11 am 

A year and three weeks later, a member has informed me the photos disappeared. So I've reinstated them. There's nothing much else new with this project.

PostPosted: August 26, 2020, 5:09 am 

Posted this the other day, but it disappeared when the forum went down. I've got an interested buyer! Need basic dimensions, length overall, width, and weight. Educated guesstimate on the weight should be adequate for now. I'm guessing it should be well under 2K#! Looking forward to your response! :D

PostPosted: August 26, 2020, 5:46 am 

OH! Forgot to ask. what's the best venue for communications? Here, or via e-mail through K-V? THNX!!!

PostPosted: August 28, 2020, 10:17 pm 

For real live money discussions, I'd say email is best -- I try not to get too commercial with LocostUSA.com's bandwidth.

Dimensions? Shorter (less long) than a Miata but same track (and wheelbase, as I recall). Also shorter (less high). I might be able to answer better next week, when I should be back down south where it's being kept.

PostPosted: August 28, 2020, 11:28 pm 

Thanks Jack! I wanted to make sure it would fit on the trailer we have available. From what You've said, we shouldn't have any problems! Just got home from a long day. I'll shoot you an e-mail tomorrow when I'm more awake! :cheers:

PostPosted: September 11, 2020, 9:24 pm 

To Whom It May Concern: This Item is now "Off The Market"! I picked it up Wednesday night in Cave Junction, OR, and it is now resting comfortably in my Gainesville, MO Driveway! Thank you Jack (There will be a little something in the mail for you ASAP), and David as well as the others that helped load it onto my new trailer! It has been a long 3 1/2 days and I desperately need some sleep!